• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

could i use as/2 to unlock XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peppy

I am lookin at this tube of arctic silver two and superglue and scotch tape and im like hmmm........ so my question is will arctic silver 2 be enough to unlock my XP? i was just thinkin cause it says silver and ya know.

I would say no. It's probably not conductive enough for the job and it would be hard to get the traces from not touching. I haven't heard anyone being successful with it. I thought the same thing but am too chicken to try it. I don't want to fry it. I will try to get a conductive pen soon though and try that.

AS2

I'd think if it smeared or connected multiple bridges, it'd be really hard to clean off completely. I also would think it's not gonna be conductive enough... probably would have too much resistance.

thank you all, i was just wonderin, i hate my psus, i need 1 good one when i get $$

ASII is not really conductive, it can be capacitive under high pressure but that's about it. I have made a couple of huge messes with the stuff on a couple of procs and they have never "shorted" or anything. I would just get a defogger repair kit or a silver pen.

Fiz

Back