• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for headphones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

My turtle beach x12 mic no longer works and the bands kind of broken. had it for about 4 years. for the price of 50 dollars i think it was a good pair of headphones. But now that i have a Sound Blaster zx, i want to buy another set of headphones and i prefer to have one that comes with a mic. I am willing to buy the mic just as long as the headphones does not come with one of those annoying inline remotes.

At first i was thinking of getting the logitech G430s, but then i came across these "BLASTERX H5" headphones from creative labs

suggestions anyone?

Last edited:
I suggest the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD and an adapter to connect it to a standard PC sound card.

HDJ 1500 > (insert pretty much every mid range headphone here) > HyperX Cloud Revolver > ATH M50 > Philips SHP9500

Let your wallet decide, but the revolver is astoundingly (shockingly even) good. The SHP9500 is fantastic for 60$, unbeatable imo. I picked up a pair of those xiaomi IEM's and while they are decent sounding, they are 1) IEM's and 2) broke after about 3 weeks of use (but I am hard on my headphones to be fair).

Although I can see this trend changing over time (as the quality of the low cost drivers used in headphones continue to increase), I don't yet see finding a comparably good pair of headphones (headset) with a mic versus finding a pair of excellent headphone *without* a mic.

Here's a thread on traditional headphones. Some people desiring quality playback often get headphones and a separate microphone.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/775606-Closed-cans-plus-IEM-recommendations

If you need the headset for gaming you're probably screwed/limited to whatever is currently available from Turtle Beach, etc. But if you only need the mic for skype/chat, then any mic will do.

Although I can see this trend changing over time (as the quality of the low cost drivers used in headphones continue to increase), I don't yet see finding a comparably good pair of headphones (headset) with a mic versus finding a pair of excellent headphone *without* a mic.

Here's a thread on traditional headphones. Some people desiring quality playback often get headphones and a separate microphone.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/775606-Closed-cans-plus-IEM-recommendations

If you need the headset for gaming you're probably screwed/limited to whatever is currently available from Turtle Beach, etc. But if you only need the mic for skype/chat, then any mic will do.

Didnt know about the difference between headphones and headsets. i will keep that in mind next time i ask about them. If a pair of headphones with separate mic work as awesome as a separate router and modem go, then i will go look for a set of headphones. as for the microphone, a logitech microphone from walmart will do.

Reason for headphones is mainly for all audio really. Music and gaming. I just want to hear it in good quality since, according to my knowledge, i got a good soundcard.

Didnt know about the difference between headphones and headsets. i will keep that in mind next time i ask about them. If a pair of headphones with separate mic work as awesome as a separate router and modem go, then i will go look for a set of headphones. as for the microphone, a logitech microphone from walmart will do.

Reason for headphones is mainly for all audio really. Music and gaming. I just want to hear it in good quality since, according to my knowledge, i got a good soundcard.

If the mic is of secondary concern, then DEFINITELY just get a cheapo mic and find yourself a dedicated set of quality headphones.

Back