• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying motherboard from eBay - are sources legit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beyondinfinity

Registered
I was looking for an older motherboard for socket LGA1155, and it seems I can't find it used locally, and the place that has the most on sale is eBay. However I found that many (almost all) the ads are shipping from China / Hong Kong. These have the lowest prices, whereas the few that ship from United States are more expensive. I'm just wondering if the ones that say shipping from China are actually legit motherboards from the actual manufacturer (for example Asus) or are they just a knock off of the Asus motherboard (like a cheap copy).

Bought a few boards from Asia never had a real problem just be aware of seller rating.

I was looking for an older motherboard for socket LGA1155, and it seems I can't find it used locally, and the place that has the most on sale is eBay. However I found that many (almost all) the ads are shipping from China / Hong Kong. These have the lowest prices, whereas the few that ship from United States are more expensive. I'm just wondering if the ones that say shipping from China are actually legit motherboards from the actual manufacturer (for example Asus) or are they just a knock off of the Asus motherboard (like a cheap copy).

It would cost more to construct a (fully functioning) knock off a motherboard than source it from the company.

If it was a dud or grey market board not officially released by the brand for sale, but made in the same factory ie end of a run with extra parts then it would likely be identical anyway and work fine.

My guess is the boards are 100% legit. Use something like paypal with buyer protection and you'll be fine anyway right?

Back