• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 on Asus GL752VW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

Got the Mrs a new laptop for work.

Apparently I am learning that Asus basically does not support Windows 7 in any way. I already wiped out Win 10, and there is just no way I will use Win 10. It's absolute trash.

Has anyone successfully installed Win7 on one of these laptops and obtained appropriate drivers? If not, I am just going to return it, even if it costs a restocking fee.

Thanks,

DB

Laptops being proprietary best to buy one that has the os you want. TG lots of topshelf ones ship with 7. Notice how all the newest and fastest gaming lappys only ship 10? Once you stop looking at gaming rigs and throw lots of money at it is when 7 becomes a choice. I wanted a Getac, still do, but I know it would have been more than 3g's for a quad core I7 @3.7. Good luck finding a lappy of your choice instead of having win10 shoved up your arse. I mean that too. The specs on the one you bought are awesome to say the least. Which is the problem I have with skylake in general. If intel keeps pushing win10 for the top cpu, I'm afraid linux and amd win hands down.

Last edited:
Back