• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TIM testing procedure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is where I keep mine

I think time would have more of an affect on it as temperature

TBH I started using this because it preforms well at sub ambient temps

Eeew, you got thermal paste on your butt? :rofl:

how else would you keep the temps in line then? :)

AS5 has said non-conductive for a few years. I doubt it has any silver in it at all anymore. Ill look into it more later, but I dont see any way to have a non-conductive paste with silver in it (?)

Edit: Its right there in the description 99.9% silver. I still dont understand how AS5 can have that much silver in it but not be electrically condictive, but Ill keep looking and see what I can find. Ignore me/nothing to see here :) :chair:

Last edited:
Hey Silver. Sorry I got a little sidetracked between work and a gpu I have been trying to mod. Should be back at it shortly though.

So after my recent "squirrel" moment I got the Gelid testing complete. The AS5 still has not arrived so I am going to have to figure out what to run next.

image (10).png

I've been waiting to see how the Kyronaut stands up to the Gelid (ive got a tube of the Gelid :) )

basically the same best i can tell. Please bear in mind my margin of error is +/- 1 degree.

Ok so the AS5 has yet to arrive and I am slightly frustrated in that regard. In the meantime I have the NT-H1 on order as well as some MX-4 so the testing will continue.

I'm hoping that the new kingpin cooling paste comes available soon so that I can get that ordered and maybe do a write up on it for everyone. If anyone see this listed for sale anywhere give me a heads up.

As I mentioned before I am doing some testing for a new startup company as well and should be getting some new formulations from them here shortly. Hopefully I will be able to share some results batch of testing.

Ok so I got the NT-H1 testing done and it has not performed were I expected it to based on other reviews. I may need to rerun these test at some point to verify this.

image (11).png

Back