• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question on display modding.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

My cousin has an old iMac and he wants to repurpose the screen and chassis and turn it into a regular monitor. He asked me how to do this and I honestly have no idea. Is this even possible? I would imagine if one were to find the proper parts it might be feasible but I've no experience in modding.

Maybe ? Ive never done it myself, but every time I run across an old laptop I revisit the idea :) Im not sure what kind of cabling is in there, but I am pretty sure you cant do this mod with that equipment. Even so, there might be something in there that you can extrapolate for your project.

Maybe ? Ive never done it myself, but every time I run across an old laptop I revisit the idea :) Im not sure what kind of cabling is in there, but I am pretty sure you cant do this mod with that equipment. Even so, there might be something in there that you can extrapolate for your project.

see here how to re-use old screen laptop

Back