• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season V January: Unigine Heaven Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ambient, single 360GTX rad.

wow THAT'S A MONSTER RUN mETAL!!

Heres my latest bench ,nothing big but a lot better came up from 4900
the 1070 benched at 2100clock

dAMN I DID A BASIC ONE **** LOL

edit heres the right test now

Roger can you add your score to the top of the post in the proper format. Then I will add to the list

Kenrou / Strix 980 Ti / Air / 5218.922

There's something very wrong with this benchmark, crashed 8x until i got it to run properly and then gives me this low-a$$ result...

Heaven is a tough bench on air. You could be getting some throttling. Crashing is another sign it might be pushing the card a bit too hard

often when a video driver crashes and recovers (minimal functionality) you lose the overclock and the bench runs at stock clocks until you reset everything. Most of the oc utilities will still show the original oc and mislead you

Heaven is a tough bench on air. You could be getting some throttling. Crashing is another sign it might be pushing the card a bit too hard

Nah running a modded BIOS (zero throttling), problem was that it was clashing with my Prime95 26.6 2h stable OC, switched to 28.10 profile and it ran fine (AVX in a GPU benchmark is a new experience). Suppose i can't complain as the score is neck to neck with the 1070's but then i see MetalRacer's 980ti on air doing 6600 and i'm wondering why the hell is mine so low or he's so high ? CPU speed shouldn't affect to that degree ?

I know i have a low OC as mine barely hits 1450mhz stable but still...

Its running AVX instructions? I find that hard to believe considering the clocks I can pull off it and the temps I am getting on the CPU...

Clocks and tweaks are why its up so high. I bet I can reach 6K on the 1070 with just tweaks and a clock increase.

Last edited:
I'm with E_D, Heaven isn't hard on the CPU. Maybe it was some background process or a difference in mem/cache

Only explanation I can think of, both profiles are 2h stable, same speed and cache, different voltage. I can reproduce the crash and have nothing other then normal in the background. I game/work on both and got zero crashes so far. I'm all ears to other theories (but possibly on another thread ?).

What other stuff can we do to improve the score ? I'm maxed out stable at +26/+400 at stock and extra voltage doesn't give me any extra MHz. The results are with standard nVidia CP tweaking and higher priority.

EDIT: pls fix my score/link on OP Johan :p

Last edited:
There are some benching tricks but don't think I can divulge those in public. :muahaha:

let's you guys keep that kind of stuff back in the lounge, if you posted a pic of your screens people would barf........

SwartHack/EVGA 980TI HydroCopper/water/4853.232

Here we go peeps, back in it with Father Time (sig.). Just stretching our legs here...
got some weird behavior with new GPU-Z, after run only shows default values, not the values I overclocked with???:confused:

Screen Shot 01-16-17 at 04.10 PM.JPG

Only goobers and HackRichards aren't sub'd to the SwartHack's proj logs!!!
Check out the beginnings of the next phase...
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...List-project?p=7986357&viewfull=1#post7986357

Tots Zien

Attachments

• teaser.jpg
    teaser.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 129
I dont think you hit apply... :)

1328MHz, which shows in the sensor tab, would be the stock boost for that card give or take. It doesn't look like it ever went above that. ;)

what I'm saying is, when you start adjusting the level of detail, the bench gets so ugly, so fast!!!!

Makes me wonder why they didn't use the current version 4.0 of the bench, much better.

Here we go peeps, back in it with Father Time (sig.). Just stretching our legs here...
got some weird behavior with new GPU-Z, after run only shows default values, not the values I overclocked with???:confused:

If there's a driver crash during the bench which can happen, the card will revert to stock settings but the benchmark will continue to run.

I was thinking...(smell smoke?)...

We prove/disprove the avx theory once and for all... any board that has avx offset clocks, just run avx a lot slower while having monitoring on which cultures clockspeed. Imy 99% certain it doesn't use it, but that's how this can be solved. ;)

Makes me wonder why they didn't use the current version 4.0 of the bench, much better.
how is it better?

This was out before 4.0 I thought.. it's been YEARS..

I'd imagine there may have been some differences in how it's rendered and scored. Since this is a hwbot bench, they have created the 'wrapper' (gui) for it so we are able to submit the file and screenshot as well as ensure consistent settings across scores. Many people cant find their way out of a wet paper bag, so the dumbed down gui helps. That isn't to say they can't do it for 4.0, but again, maybe something changed which would effect scores? No clue.

Also, I'm not sure the version you see on the wrapper is the underlying version of heaven in the first place... it may be their wrapper???

Last edited:
I meant looks better, no hidden or deep meanings (then again haven't tried the other batch files in the Unigine folder) :rofl: the latest version of any benchmark is usually the the one to use because bug fixes and improvements correct ? this seems to be 2.1, 4.0 would supposedly give "better/more accurate" results.

As to AVX, it's much simpler to prove/disprove, simply get your setup stable with 26.6 and then try to run it (if you use Aida64 you aren't far off voltage wise). Could also be a million things wrong with the system but if i can reproduce it simply by switching profiles in BIOS IMO it's just an oddity or 2h stable is not enough (much more reasonable assumption) ? not going to wrack my brain over it if i can successfully complete the test with 28.10.

C,mon the bench is too old, AVX2 wasn't properly supported till Win7 SP1, this bench will run in XP so it doesn't :need" AVX to run.

If it wasn't your GPU then it's likely mem/cache giving you trouble on your "light" setting. Heaven is very GPU intensive not CPU but will likely work the mem/cache hard to keep up with the 980ti

Back