• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to make the jump from 1080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice. Ya sorry I wasn't trying to argue you. I felt I may have came off a little prickish I was trying to look out for you. They may very well not ship. I've just found that tho most everything I buy at frys I price match with somewhere else, unless I have a Frys promo code for a particular item, monitors tho they seem to carry cheaper than anywhere else I've looked. But refurbished is in 100% working order as well. I tried like 5 different monitors man because the return policy there is the best I've seen. You're making a really good choice. I personally see no screen tearing at 144hz on this display, it's great. Lmk how you like it when you get a couple hours into it.

I'll report back once I've got it. And no worries, I only thought you were trying to be helpful and it was appreciated. Just explained why I didn't try and cancel the order and why I wasn't checking out Frys that much given that all the items I looked at there earlier were pickup only. Microcenter out here is like that, but at least I've got one only about 1/2 an hour away.

I know man I'm so confused. Lol I had 4k for 2 days and took it back because the frame rate wasn't there. I play a lot of shooters bf1 titanfall 2 division these games especially division wasn't cutting it man I like 2k 144hz as a primary you have 2 titans your opinion don't count anyway lol

I'm with you on that subject, I can tell the difference from 120 FPS to 144FPS so much less blur in first person shooters.

Last edited:
Idk but yes that is in my opinion the monitor to wait for if going 4k. 60hz is great for professional work but not for gaming. And even then you really do need a titan x pascal to average 60 fps on all games out there. The 1080 does alright in some titles but you really need g-sync to play at 4k because the frame rate is so low half the time it's not that fun. I took 4k back after 2 days man for 1440p 144hz. And with a 144hz monitor when you're averaging over 100 fps in literally every game you play g-sync isn't really needed because your screen is refreshing the image every second so close to the amount of frames per second your gpu renders that screen tearing is unnoticeable.

Idk but yes that is in my opinion the monitor to wait for if going 4k. 60hz is great for professional work but not for gaming. And even then you really do need a titan x pascal to average 60 fps on all games out there. The 1080 does alright in some titles but you really need g-sync to play at 4k because the frame rate is so low half the time it's not that fun. I took 4k back after 2 days man for 1440p 144hz. And with a 144hz monitor when you're averaging over 100 fps in literally every game you play g-sync isn't really needed because your screen is refreshing the image every second so close to the amount of frames per second your gpu renders that screen tearing is unnoticeable.
Right but the 4K can be used for desktop.I think movies will look good as well.

It does have Freesync so one could use a high end AMD with it. My 24" Dell only does 60HZ and I have been gaming it on for years...So it could be run at 1440 till the GPU's catch up. Compared to a 12 year old Dell this has to be a step up. Its only when you have used 144HZ that you can appreciate the difference. One can run it at 1440 or even 1080 till the GPU catches up.

We enjoy talking about specs a lot but the reality of it is over 12 years I have suffered from some pretty bad framerates in games until the GPU was replaced...The original Crysis was a good example...Managed to enjoy it somehow.

Sure would like to get at least a 32" screen....Compared to the 65" 1080P 120HZ Vizio I have been playing on the 24" seems so tiny at this point. Its certainly a tradeoff...

Last edited:
Absolutely you can. That's what I ended up doing when I had 4k because I couldn't get even 60 fps on the division at 4k so I scaled down. And you are right, it wasn't until I played at 144hz that I was like WOW playing competitively on fps games I like having high refresh rate but it was very hard TBH that's why I wanna get a cheap 3-400 4k as a second display because 4k is beautiful. Comin from a 42" tv it was hard at first settling for 27" I almost ended up getting a 35" 1080p curved but ever since I got my desk and monitor, sitting so close to the screen 27 inches is actually pretty decent but I do wish they had 32 in 144hz 16/9 monitors but they don't goes to 34" 100hz ultra wide for a GRAND

Absolutely you can. That's what I ended up doing when I had 4k because I couldn't get even 60 fps on the division at 4k so I scaled down. And you are right, it wasn't until I played at 144hz that I was like WOW playing competitively on fps games I like having high refresh rate but it was very hard TBH that's why I wanna get a cheap 3-400 4k as a second display because 4k is beautiful. Comin from a 42" tv it was hard at first settling for 27" I almost ended up getting a 35" 1080p curved but ever since I got my desk and monitor, sitting so close to the screen 27 inches is actually pretty decent but I do wish they had 32 in 144hz 16/9 monitors but they don't goes to 34" 100hz ultra wide for a GRAND
That pretty much answers the 4K thread I just started...I was trying to find a 4K TV that has a high refresh rate but have not found that either.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-D5...D-2160p-120Hz-LED-Smart-HDTV-4K-x-2K/46819834

I saw this tv six months ago advertised as 120hz but idk man it's different with a tv don't ask me how but it is if it were really that easy then why are 1200 dollar 4k monitors still 60hz

Some Sony tv's advertise 240 hz :screwy:

I mean actually watching tv im sure it's high refresh watching sports or something but don't expect to hook your pc up to it and game at 120 fps with sli titans its not gonna happen.

It arrived today. There was a part of the stand mounting system chipped off. When assembled it isn't visible, and I'm going to be mounting it on a 3 monitor arm stand. So, doubly not a problem.

I lucked out on the stuck pixel lottery. None that I could see with a black background, or a white background.

How do you like the colors, is the Black really Black and the White really White?

I'm probably not the best to determine that, short of an actual color calibration being done on it. However the screen looked good. No obvious backlight bleeding, and the colors didn't appear washed out. A quick test of some 2K Youtube trailers looked very decent to me.

I have the same monitor it is actually a very decent display price to performance it is great but then again I got mine at fry's and they sell it cheaper than anywhere else 489$ for this thing is amazing I love it you will be very happy

T does the 1440 look appreciable better than the ancient 1080? I'm leaning toward a cheap 4K TN panel...i'll run it at 1440 until my GPU is updated. I don't need accurate colors.

Back