• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DH61WW rear ports broke?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ItsAlpey

I currently have a Intel DH61WW motherboard and the mic port (I think) isn't working properly.

Tried 3 mics (Astro A40 mic/Standard 3.5mm mic/BM-800) in the port and all 3 are quiet even when the volume/boost is maxed out.

(Yes I know the BM-800 SHOULD have a phantom power supply but I don't have it yet so I'm making do.

I've tried installing the drivers fresh and still quiet with all mics, any ideas?

If the onboard front panel wires are plugged in now disconnect them and ensure you have the realtek audio selected as playback device.
Do you have a GFX card installed with it's own audio drivers. That can interfere some times.

If the onboard front panel wires are plugged in now disconnect them and ensure you have the realtek audio selected as playback device.
Do you have a GFX card installed with it's own audio drivers. That can interfere some times.

They were plugged it but I read somewhere to disconnect and try again so I did so, still not connected them back (no point for me).

I'm unsure about the gpu part, I have a GTX 970 Asus Strix 4GB.

- - - Updated - - -

They were plugged it but I read somewhere to disconnect and try again so I did so, still not connected them back (no point for me).

I'm unsure about the gpu part, I have a GTX 970 Asus Strix 4GB.

When you installed the GFX card driver it would have installed the HDM audio driver for the card.
There's a sound control panel for windows. Have you set the proper speaker/mic configuration in it?

Yes that's correct it does install the HDMI Audio driver.

I've got my Headset via USB as the Default playback and my mic in the rear panel (pink) as default too.

I've tried three different mics in the Front Panel Mic in and the Rear panel mic in (pink) and they're so so quiet even when the volume/boost is max.

Check and see what it says in device manager for your audio/mic maybe that will give a clue

Are you using an HDMI cable to the video display. If you're not using HDMI for sound you may want to disable it. As I said earlier these two drivers can and do at times conflict with each other. Which driver did you install first? Realtek? If so I would try uninstalling it and do a driver clean up with revo then re-install the onboard driver

I am using HDMI correct, and it's also disabled. Also have fully reinstalled drivers too :( nothing

You don't have a discrete audio card installed in a pci/pcie slot by any chance do you? If not, then it sounds like you could have either a bad driver, a driver device conflict, a bad onbaord audio chip, or as your thread titel suggests, a damaged port. In the Windows XP days I found that if I didn't install the audio driver before other drivers often the sound would not work because of IRQ conflicts. What OS are you running?

Do you get audio out or is this only a problem with audio in (mic)?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it :)

I don't have a sound card no, I've been looking into getting one tho just to try. It looks like it's going to be a bad port or something I guess.

Currently running Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Just tried my headset in the ports and yes they do work so it looks like it's just the mic port.

IF you get a sound card get one that is "full duplex" so it can play and record sound at the same time. Lot of times you can pick up a used Sound Blaster Audigy on ebay for not much but pay attention to whether it is pci or pci-e. If your motherboard does not have a pic slot you would need to get pci-e.

You can also get a usb audio adapter for just a few bucks. They work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB2-0-Exte...546145?hash=item2ed5af87a1:g:gaQAAOSwbqpT9BSy

Last edited:
Yeah I'll look into one,

Also I bought a USB sound adapter for £5, mic works but sounds absolutely terrible plugged into it so no use

Back