• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vega

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am hope for 1080 ti performance in DX12/Vulkan and 1080 performance in DX11/OGL if it can provide that I will get it.

Hopefully its the high end GPU they want it to be. My R9 290 is itching for a new owner :)

I like the memory architecture that they put forth. Its definitely a game changer. Effectively they opened up the L2 cache to be able to pull from all system memory. Now how this is handled and whats the impact in performance is unknown.

Few more hours and than we will get our answer.

Not all FLOPS are equal, do check when comparing if they're 8, 16, 32 or 64 bit. 64 bit hasn't been significant in consumer cards for a while now, with 32 being most commonly quoted. With newer architectures you can do double the 16 bit in the same time, and double that again in 8 bit to reach really big numbers.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11002/the-amd-vega-gpu-architecture-teaser

It looks very nice, lots of improvements I think. It's definitely going to be AMD's biggest video card release in some time.
So any rumors on pricing and release date? First half in AMD terms usually would mean June 30 with very limited supply. So should I plan for September for reasonable availability and sub retail pricing? I won't go above $500 which is what I paid for a used GTX 980 Ti and a used R9 Fury. I'd really like to stay closer to $400.

I like the memory architecture that they put forth. Its definitely a game changer. Effectively they opened up the L2 cache to be able to pull from all system memory. Now how this is handled and whats the impact in performance is unknown.

Few more hours and than we will get our answer.

I like what they do as well. They seem to bring new tech to the forefront but sadly they don't execute it as well as nVidia.

Nvidia has a deeper relationship on the software side. AMD is picking up in the AI market though. They perform just as well as Nvidia, and you don't have to structure your code to just Nvidia.

really looking forward to seeing what they can do this time. please AMD hit it out of the park. they seem to have all the cards this time. hbm2, async compute, all the fancy new cache technologies etc. i'll take that stuff over physx and gameworks if it performs.

Back