• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to replace my AIO liquid cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my h100i isn't so good either my original h100 blows it away have no idea why just make sure the pump is running full speed in the bios but you probably did that already

h100i was a bad buy not as good as the original and pump is bigger so don't fit on boards where the power delivery is closer to the cpu but that mostly on older high end ASUS boards so not that much of a big deal for most people just my two cents :)

I highly doubt it was the pump in my case, it's been at the same 2275 (ish) to 2300 RPM since the day I installed it four years ago. That never wavered much at all.

Think I'm just dealing with evaporation of the fluid or maybe some sort of bacterial growth in the loop disrupting the flow, or possibly some chemical side-effect from having multiple metals in the loop (copper block, aluminum radiator). I've seen in videos and posts online that it's common for some sort of a white substance to accumulate in the channels in the block/cold plate after so many years/hours of operation with the H80i/H100i among others.

In my case my H100i was an improvement over my H100 (For one thing the fan controller in my H100i actually works, whereas my H100's controller was stuck at medium fan speed and pressing the button for it did nothing.). Do wish they hadn't changed the backplate for the H80i/H100i to prevent usage on LGA775 though, as I was still using LGA775 when I got the H100i. At least the backplate for the older H60/H80/H100 fit the H60/H80i/H100i though and allowed them to mount on an LGA775 board.

Last edited:
I hear you just wanted to give my two cent on my h100i maybe different liquid from the original h100. my h100 it works the same as day one and I got it when ivybridge first came out

As a side note if the fan controller bruns out you can toss the PCB the pump plugs into a female fan adapter which is a good thing not that it is helpful right now but maybe for someone in the future:)

I highly doubt it was the pump in my case, it's been at the same 2275 (ish) to 2300 RPM since the day I installed it four years ago. That never wavered much at all.

Think I'm just dealing with evaporation of the fluid or maybe some sort of bacterial growth in the loop disrupting the flow, or possibly some chemical side-effect from having multiple metals in the loop (copper block, aluminum radiator). I've seen in videos and posts online that it's common for some sort of a white substance to accumulate in the channels in the block/cold plate after so many years/hours of operation with the H80i/H100i among others.

In my case my H100i was an improvement over my H100 (For one thing the fan controller in my H100i actually works, whereas my H100's controller was stuck at medium fan speed and pressing the button for it did nothing.). Do wish they hadn't changed the backplate for the H80i/H100i to prevent usage on LGA775 though, as I was still using LGA775 when I got the H100i. At least the backplate for the older H60/H80/H100 fit the H60/H80i/H100i though and allowed them to mount on an LGA775 board.

Yeah White Growth alright, just a scum that built up on the inside of the housing had scrape off with a knife it was hard, all that ticking and knocking the rotor was hitting it...and it was frozen stuck on the shaft all weird got HOT was fine for awhile when added went up to the 240 rad but I don't know rpms just kept dropping and like it just wouldn't push hardly anymore.

Back