• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

78lmtusb3 overclocking volts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cscarter87

So i found this mobo for 25 bucks in ebay works well i have a fx 8320E a 95W CPU in it and i know its has limits on how much you can overclock because of it 760g chip set i wanted to know what is the max volt i should run the cpu volts with out it breaking in a few months. i know a lot of guys run the 6300 chip in it and over clock it, i want to know what volt they run it at for daily use. i have the CPU at 4.4ghz and 1.45v under load that is what it runs at when stress testing it and it idles at 1.38v i have a HYPER 212 EVO on my CPU Temps stay stable and my TMPINs stay at stable temps also. seems to be ok? i wanted to talk to guys that have overclocked this board.

You won't have to worry about the max volts you can use on the CPU because your motherboard won't allow you to get close to anything dangerous for that CPU, which would be a vcore in excess of 1.5 IMO. The 4+1 power phase of the board will be the limiting factor. The board's VRM section will become too hot and create instability long before you get there. If you have gotten it to 4.4 at 1.45 (and it's truly stable) then that is better than I would have expected. You should confirm stability with passing at least 2 hr. of Prime95 blend. But watch your package temps. Would suggest getting an older version of Prime 95 (like 27.7) that doesn't generate so much heat.

You won't have to worry about the max volts you can use on the CPU because your motherboard won't allow you to get close to anything dangerous for that CPU, which would be a vcore in excess of 1.5 IMO. The 4+1 power phase of the board will be the limiting factor. The board's VRM section will become too hot and create instability long before you get there. If you have gotten it to 4.4 at 1.45 (and it's truly stable) then that is better than I would have expected. You should confirm stability with passing at least 2 hr. of Prime95 blend. But watch your package temps. Would suggest getting an older version of Prime 95 (like 27.7) that doesn't generate so much heat.

ah i when i stressed tested it for more than an hour it started throttling on AMD overdrive stress test, i set the volts to 1.4v under load and 4.3 ghz it seems good now vrms are not getting over 65 degrees, but it was running 1.45 at 4.4 with out crashing but it did throttle.

Back