• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cannot find Foxconn 2A92 BIOS Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chablo

CPU-Z says my current version is 6.09. I found a relative post about the BIOS Driver for this board on HP's forums from about 3 years ago. I followed the suggested link but it's dead.

Anyone have any idea on where I can find an updated driver for this board?

Welcome to OCF! :welcome:

What system is the MB in? You may have the last drivers released. Looking around the web I couldn't readily see anything new either. List your system specs, maybe that will give some insight.

The post on those HP forums was stating that he had the 6.09 version which someone responded there was an updated version from May 2013. But like I said the link was dead.

Here's an SS of CPU-Z of my mobo.
Capture.JPG

The entire specs are as follows:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
Foxconn 2A92 BiOS version is American Megatrends Inc 6.09 EDITED: The HP site actually states the mobo is Foxconn H-RS780-uATX so I'm confused.
6 GB (3 x 2 GB) DDR3 PC3-10600
1 TB, 7200 rpm, SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
GeForce GT420 (2 GB)
Win7 Ultimate(64bit) SP-1
Here's a link to the HP spec list: HPE500z

The HP driver download section doesn't have a BiOS update but I've read that there was one or two more updated drivers released for it. Just can't seem to find them.

MB manufacturers tend to quit updating BIOS' after a year or two as folks move on to newer tech. And most non-enthusiasts never update their BIOS anyway.

A bios update is not a driver. You are confusing two different things. Drivers are files that provide information to Windows so that it can work with hardware elements such as audio chips, video cards and printers.

The post on those HP forums was stating that he had the 6.09 version which someone responded there was an updated version from May 2013. But like I said the link was dead.

Here's an SS of CPU-Z of my mobo.
View attachment 186849

The entire specs are as follows:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
Foxconn 2A92 BiOS version is American Megatrends Inc 6.09 EDITED: The HP site actually states the mobo is Foxconn H-RS780-uATX so I'm confused.
6 GB (3 x 2 GB) DDR3 PC3-10600
1 TB, 7200 rpm, SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
GeForce GT420 (2 GB)
Win7 Ultimate(64bit) SP-1
Here's a link to the HP spec list: HPE500z

The HP driver download section doesn't have a BiOS update but I've read that there was one or two more updated drivers released for it. Just can't seem to find them.

I have the same mobo and need this file to upgrade my BiOS so I upgrade my psu

Back