• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on access point.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've recently deployed a near full UniFi solution at home; their USG, two switches and three AP Pros. It's not a perfect solution but development is active and the user community is very active. Also rocking one of their phones.

The only issue I'm having is real time voice/video drops while roaming APs. Still working on tweaking the setup, but that's not a UBNT issue really.

I have two of them in my home. Covers the entire home and exterior with just the two. What I like most is the central setup and control of however many AP units you have, along with any of their other hardware that may be on your network. If you setup a control server, you can also get usage info for each individual hardware piece; what device is logged into what AP, for how long, how much data transferred, etc, etc. They've been up for months and the only reboots I've had with them, is when I made a change which required a reboot. The fact that they are also POE makes it much easier to place the AP units where they cover the most, without the need to be near a wall socket for power.

Back