• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 7850 low benchmark ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Ran the demo of 3D Mark from steam and didn't even break 3k on the score, I ran 3D Mark 11 few years ago and got almost 7k. My cards dying or the software just get more intense?

EDIT: The test above was done with Time Spy, Below is a test done with Sky Diver

afbcdc45125f40adb0a67065ec3602b2.png

Last edited:
I noticed my Catzilla score dropped a LOT on a card I had, right after Catzilla "updated". I wonder if benchmark developers set the bar higher as hardware improves. That was the only thing I could think of to explain the dramatic drop.

Have you repeated the test, watching it from the start to the end? Glitching out during one part (power shortage/overload/overheating => freeze or throttle) could affect the average score quite significantly. Not sure about 2017 but some years back unclean driver reinstalls could do silly unpredictable things like slower performance with no obvious glitching, so you wouldn't even know something was wrong if you didn't know how fast the relevant card was supposed to perform. Or perhaps something's overriding DirectX version selection or you have some quality enhancements enabled in drivers and overriding the benchmark's own settings? I'd grab some other tests to see, perhaps switch all driver settings to controlled by application.

From what you typed, sounds like you didn't re-run the same benchmark. You cannot compare any bench of their against any other.

What was your 3d11 score now? Time Spy and sky diver aren't even remotely close to being the same thing. Run 11 again and see what score you receive.

Yes x as t8me goes on, these get more difficult and score lower in the same hardware.

From what you typed, sounds like you didn't re-run the same benchmark. You cannot compare any bench of their against any other.

What was your 3d11 score now? Time Spy and sky diver aren't even remotely close to being the same thing. Run 11 again and see what score you receive.

Yes x as t8me goes on, these get more difficult and score lower in the same hardware.

Yea I realized last night after I made this post I was running Time Spy which was the DX 12 version of the bench and for older GPU's / laptops I should run Sky Dive, and back then when I got the score of 6.9k with 3D Mark 11, no telling which test I was running then.

Back