• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-x99 boot loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sfaw

Hey guys I hope you can help. My new system boots for 1 sec then restarts repeatedly. I have went through all the forum posts I can find and have tried everything. Right now it's sitting on a wood table with nothing plugged in except the cpu and same deal continuous reboots every second. I have checked pins on mobo they look good, I have updated bios to newest or tried it's hard to say since it's only on 1 second.
System specs:
Ga-x99 ultimate gaming
Intel i7 5820k
32g g.skill trident ddr4 3200
Gigabyte Nvidia 1070
Samsung pro 850 500g ssd
Corsair rm1000x psu
Corsair h100 v2 cpu cooler

Sounds like it's not even getting to any kind of boot at all and just power cycles... I would reseat the RAM and all cards...

Sounds a lot like a bad VRM, a bad solder joint, a bad MOSFET or a bad cap.

The wooden place is a real good idea...

Ya man try with one stick maybe but ya it sounds like an Rma shot. That sucks hopefully you got it locally. Take her back man Ram it and when you get your new board build it outside the case first on the motherboard box actually before you end up actually taking it back do that build it out side o fthe case to make sure there isn't a short anywhere and if you get the same result Rma

Yeah there is no ram in the board only cpu and cooler plugged up.

Does that board have a post code on it? What is it? You tried one stick in the proper slot? All four single sticks in that slot?

I'd think it's either board or cpu. The only way to test that is to have another board around.

Sometimes I can hear 1 post beep but it's restarting as soon as I hear ithe. I have not tried 1 ram slot but ithe is doing the same thing with 0 as it did with 4.

So, your board doesn't have a post code LED on it with numbers?

Anyway, I'd rma the board.

Don't think so it's a gigabyte ga-x99 and even if it did I don't think there is time before it resets.

That's where I was leaning. Thanks for the info sir you are a scholar and a gentleman.

Back