• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mushkin ddr4 2133 timings and overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

always_winter

I have an asrock h170 pro4s according to asrocks site I should be able to overclock the memory.

cant seem to change it unless I need to change dram reference cdlock to 133mhz and reboot? my ram is actually 2400mhz running only at 2133 with a core i3 6100 processor.

whats the best timmings for this as well. and cupid reads the TRFC@ 278clocks. is that ok with 12-12-12-35 1T

Looking at the specs for that board on NewEgg. I see no mention of OC the stock 2133 mhz RAM frequency.

Memory
Number of Memory Slots
4×288pin
Memory Standard
DDR4 2133
Maximum Memory Supported
64GB
Channel Supported
Dual Channel

Compare that to the Z170 chipset version of that same board:

Memory
Number of Memory Slots
4×288pin
Memory Standard
DDR4 3866+*(*OC)/ 3600*/ 3200*/ 2933*/ 2800*/ 2400*/ 2133
Maximum Memory Supported
64GB
Channel Supported
Dual Channel

The slocket 1151 "Hxxx" chipset boards typically have a 2133 mhz memory frequency ceiling

From a real word performance standpoint it will matter very little if you go faster than 2133.

Last edited:
One thing I haven't really had the time to play with is timings and ram overclocking. I have a slight overclock of 3333 Mhz from the losted 3200 Mhz spec but I just use stock timings. Which is always a perfect place to start. There will be a sticker on your ram with the timings it runs at stock. Ya h170 you probably won't ba able to overclock but he's not asking to overclock he's asking to run it at the listed spec. Just because our z170 boards run them at 2133 Mhz stock we are not overclocking our ram when we run them at xmp speeds (or listed spec speeds) we are simply running them at spec. But as I know zilch about h170 I can't tell you if its even possible to do that let me read up on it.

And according to their site Asrock says non z memory overclock so it should be more than possinbel to ran it at the meager 2400 Mhz it is spec'd to run at. Well tbh idk wth the are talking about when they say this but they do say it. And the memory support list shows support for 2400 Mhz dimms from a few vendores out of the box so definitely try and update your bios because after a year and a half skylake being out there very well may be a wider range of support on newer firmware.
Maybe try with one stick of memory, make syre you have it in the right slot. Download cpu-z and check the speed it is running at with cpu-z. It is dual channel and will show half the speed. In cpu-z mine says 1666.8 Mhz so 3333 Mhz is what its running at

Last edited:
Back