• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendations for gaming laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cown

I have an older MSI laptop (GE62 6QF) for gaming. Look carefully at the keyboard layout. I personally don't like it as they based it off US style not UK style, and they moved other things around too. It's ok for gaming if you keep around WASD, but I find it a bit horrible for normal typing. Having said that, I'm not sure the other two are any better.

I would add, the cooling on my MSI is not bad for a laptop. I can run gaming loads without fan noise being too horrible.

I also dislike the small SSD + HD approach they take. If you want to swap it, you might have to break a warranty sticker and remove the whole base as there were no user access hatches on mine. Worth checking if you think about future upgrades at all.

A review I wrote on mine:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=266960.0

The Specs are pretty close but for gaming GPU should always be your top priority. Looks like specs wise HP is a winner plus it seems to have an IPS panel (maybe the other 2 do too?).

Back