• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED *OFFICIAL* Kaby Lake Overclocking results thread!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow you guys are getting 5 GHZ at 1.35 volts? That's incredible my 6700k wont even do 4.6 at nearly that much...

Wow you guys are getting 5 GHZ at 1.35 volts? That's incredible my 6700k wont even do 4.6 at nearly that much...
You have a dud, really... and the 7700K's start out a couple hundred Mhz higher and are known for most hitting 5 GHz.

Heres mine guys, not getting 5ghz at 1.35 however.

Before....
atLK2TH.png

After Delidd, slight voltage bump due to stability issue
Q9EgK9o.png

XDpC2Pm.jpg

Last edited:
Heres mine guys, not getting 5ghz at 1.35 however.
Looks like the PC is getting a little thermal throttling at 100c. I was going to upgrade my self, however I run 90c at 4.5GHz in the summer with stress testing. For me there is no room for more overclocking.

Looks like the PC is getting a little thermal throttling at 100c. I was going to upgrade my self, however I run 90c at 4.5GHz in the summer with stress testing. For me there is no room for more overclocking.

That's why it got delidded... I'm using a Cryorig a40 cooler it's plenty big enough. That damn gap in the silicon is rediculous

I use HWmonitor because it is faster and simpler to open. I use HWiNFO64 when I need more information.:D

Will have to check for volts at 5GHz but had a decent session yesterday (btw, the kingpincooling inferno is fantastic!). Slowly starting to get this 7350k figured out but here's one at 6.6GHz. Efficiency on this sub and others is horrible so need to work on that next.
7350k-hwbp-6.6-5645.17.jpg

*Update*

Nebulous / i7 7700K / 5.0Ghz @ 1.31v / 3200 @ CAS 16 / ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 / Ver: 2.00 / Water / Yes

Attachments

• 5.0Ghz.JPG
    5.0Ghz.JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 275
Hello Woomack,

I have a similar configuration, you had on this overclock.
MSI z270 gaming pro carbon
i7 7700k (non delided)
gskill ripjaws V 3200mhz (hynix)
Coolermaster 240mm AIO

Im at 4.8ghz 1.23v LLC5 (prime95 undervolts it to 1.22v don't know really why, but still makes the bench without crashing...)
I want to ask you what type of voltage mode you used and advise in using? Override/adaptive+offset etc...And If you could post pictures of the bios settings you've tweaked or just name them like a guide, (exept memory settings) that would be great.
This MSI bios has tons of options I don't uderstand mainly because of th naming scheme. :D

I'm always using override and sometimes with enabled power saving. I sold this board long time ago and have no screenshots etc.
You don't have to change many options for overclocking. Generally adjust LLC, set voltage and cpu/memory multi and it's all till 5GHz.

I'm always using override and sometimes with enabled power saving. I sold this board long time ago and have no screenshots etc.
You don't have to change many options for overclocking. Generally adjust LLC, set voltage and cpu/memory multi and it's all till 5GHz.
Thanks alot for the reply. I bought this motherboard for 180eur, I've done some research and concluded it was somewhat decent plus they were offering a steelseries Sibéria v2 headphones (69€) a PHANTEKS RGB strip (25eur) and ghost recon wildlands (59eur) I've considered that a bargain and went for it...
I'm happy with the overall performance. I can reach 5ghz stable at 1.33v llc5. But the temps aren't great with my 240mm aio. So I've settled with 4.8ghz, 1.23v llc4. Temps are very good for daily usage and personally I just game, the 200mhz isn't that much of a difference. :D
In a few years if I still have this cpu I will delid it, install a better cooler and go for a more aggressive overclock.
And yeah override is the one to go. Thanks
:D

Override is easiest (no basic math involved, lol), but best, depends on your use. Some like to save power when idle (i dont, lol).

Back