• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair h100i v2, noisy and not the best temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prizmaten

Hi,
Im new in here so hello everyone :)
I have recently switched from air to water cooling (CPU).
The thing is my new corsair h100i v2 works allright unless the rpms are around 2.7k.
It makes exactly the same noise as in this video while running at 100%.
The temperatures are not great neither.
On overclocked i6600k to clock 4.5 and vol 1.25 in 0.005 offset mode on CPU full load Im getting max 72 degrees at 1700rpm (I dont want it at 2.7k because of the noise, at 2.7k rpm avg temps are like 5-10 degrees lower).
I have found few posts regarding same issue but none described if the noise like this is normal at 100% speeds. Im more curious about the buzzing/rattling noise than the actual fan noise.
Thanks

Last edited:
It sounds like typical noisy Corsair fans, BUT, does the noise increase with pump speed or fan speed? Can you run the pump at full speed with the fans at 1700 RPM? That will give you your answer. If it's pump noise I would RMA it.

mobile page doesn't allow me to edit posts.
I can run the fans at ~1700 with pump at 100% and it works great. The buzzing starts with fans speeds at ~80%.
Buzzing is constant at 90% more annoying than the one in the video.

Noisy Corsair fans, then. The fans on my h100i plugged in to the pump and had a proprietary plug on them, making just fan replacement not an option unless the appropriate Corsair fans were used. The first thing I would try is contacting Corsair and finding out if the fans can be RMA'd. That, or replace them with fans plugged in to motherboard headers.

This is the v2 model (rebranded gtx), it uses regular 4 pin pwm. Didnt the 1st gen also use pwm? There was some proprietary cable that hooked into the pump but the fan connectors was pwm also.

Now that you say that, I believe you are correct. It's been a few months since I messed with it, and I just unplugged the adapter from the pump. So, the OP does have the option of easily replacing the fans. Good catch!

If you use the Corsair link and don't adjust fan speed, the "auto" mode sets fan speed by coolant temperature. If I remember correctly, the fans go to 100% when the coolant temp gets above 40-ish C. My advice would be:

1. Set the pump to "performance" mode. It will run at max speed...and that helps with cooling on these AIOs.

2. Set the fan speed manually using Corsair Link to how loud you want it. Just check your coolant temp when you're CPU is heavily loaded. Anything below 48-ish C is "safe". Keep it under 50 C. (There is no real Corsair spec on this...but below 50 C seems to be the accepted coolant temp.)

3. Set your block LED color to change when the coolant temp hits 47 C...this way you can see if without having the software on your screen.

4. Consider replacing the fans...the stock ones are bad. Noctua iPPC and the Corsair ML fans are good (I switched from the Noctua to the Corsair ML fans and I love them.)

5. Consider a different AIO. I had the 280 mm Corsair AIO on my 5820 K. I am now using the 120 mm 80 v2 with a pair of fans in push/pull. This cools better than the 280 mm version did

Thanks,
coolant never exceeded 31'C and avg CPU temp is 60 at 100% load.
fans never run at high rpm as its not necessary.
The thing is if I would decide to change the CPU in the future I might need higher speeds.
I have set the block to red as you said.
Just have a look at my video
Set the vol quite high for real feel.
Amazingly loud!!
Im gonna try to replace the fans with corsair customer service.

Last edited:
Back