• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which display for this laptop (144fps+ needed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vulturz

Hi everyone, i've got an ASUS ROG G750JY for a while now and i'm thinking about several solutions for it configuration :

- Windows 8.1 64 bits
- Intel I7-4720HQ CPU 2.60GHz (8CPUs) ~2.6GHz (Intel HD Graphics 4600)
- 16384MB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M (16197MB)
- 1 Mini Displayport (thunderbolt)

I noticed that when i'm playing on Overwatch with low graphic settings and the frame rate cap at 300frames, I've got more than 144FPS anyway, it depends on a few details (like the map, player's number...) but i often reach 180/200fps.
So my question is : Considering that i've the choice between the BenQ Zowie XL2540 (240hz) and a Gsync monitor for about the same price, what's the best choice in 1920 x 1080 resolution ?

Through the differents forums I saw many times that a simple cable Mini Displayport (laptop) > Displayport (display) can works... Or do you think that i need an adapter like UltraAV® Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual-Link Adapter for such a high refresh rate ?

I really need your advices to buy a monitor who currently will works well with that laptop and later with a new desktop PC ... ^^

Thanks a lot for you precious help.

My cfg70 is far better than the benq offerings (I own both...). Looks better, "feels better", doesn't have any TN shift, has all the settings you could possibly want minus g sync. It IS a fair amount more expensive, but I personally cant stand TN shift any more. The curve is VERY nice, something I never cared about at all, but its really cool

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-24-I...&qid=1484551691&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+cfg70

Hey bob4933 and thank for your quick answer,
What do you mean about "TN shift" ? You mean "Tearing" ?
I read many times that the Gsync technology causes some input lag, that's right ?

Back