• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice find doubledown! they both look like really friggin good blocks! hopefully those are solid manufacturers?
personally i never buy a new card without checking ek for a compatible full coverage block. i dont trust any other manny.

I checked the site of barrow and have read about them possibly being a Chinese knock off site. I mean they just showed up out of nowhere to the H20 scene, no PR that I know of or outreach and their fittings look very similar to bitspower.

I'm running a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme, and plan to get another with plans to watercool them both seeing as how they're going be to so close to each other.

I can only seem to find GTX 1080 G1 waterblocks, are there any for the 1080 Xtreme?

Universal blocks with heatsinks on memory and VRMs with a fan blowing over them would probably be your best bet.

Hey, I'm just explaining why those companies support FE cards. Essentially because it is easier to produce products intended for the. Plus, with AIB cards is that there are so many different variations that it becomes to burdensome for aftermarket manufacturers to make so many different products that may or may not sell.

So, in a nutshell, my comment is still valid. If you want to water cool, buy founders addition cards or research first as to what the waterblock options are before buying your AIB card. I guarantee that you will find little to no AIB options.

You are incorrect. The Founders Editions cards use an Nvdia boards and reference standard. AIB cards do not and will very greatly from card to card based on the actual components used on the AIB cards. AIB cards, are not better than FE cards. They are actually in some cases worse.

Remember that with these AIB cards, the manufacturers don't follow a certified reference design. They make their own. Adding extra power phases don't make a card better. Electronics only use power that needed. Adding extra parts introduces electronic noises in a circuit. Creating and implementing different bios doesn't make them better. Using a cheaper designed with more non standardized parts doesn't make the card better. In fact, the only real quality indicator of a card is the basis of its design. This in a nutshell is what makes the Founders Edition cards a cut above all available.

Uhm... wow... I don't know where you're getting your info from, please link some proof for your statement.

I got mine today:
IMG_3816.JPG

The build quality is quite impressive.
The plating is spot on and the acrylic and machinery well worked.

I like it. I like their fittings and now I like their blocks.

M

Back