• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend me a PSU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekoh

Last time I built a system was 2010, did minor upgrades between then and now but had been with my trusty and still working tx850w Corsair. It was always overkill. I've used the PSU calculator sites but how accurate are they?

The build I am looking to slap together consists of

i5 7600k
z270 mobo (undecided which, most likely asus)
480gb SSD
2x8gb GSkill Ram
RX 480 reference
El Gato HD60pro capture card

that's it really

How much wattage and what brand would you recommend?

Even with a mild Oc you can still get away with a quality 500 w Psu if you want a bit overkill get a 650 w

If you are only ever using single card amd overclocking both the cpu and gpu, a quality 550w unit is plenty.

I suggest evga 550w b2/b3 or g2/g3. The g series is the best bang for your buck Tier 1A, while the bronze is a good psu, and inexpensive (bronze rated).

Ah, a very timely thread for me, am having cyclical boot/reboot issues, suspecting my 9 year old Rosewill Xtreme PSU might be getting long-in-the-tooth.

Ah, a very timely thread for me, am having cyclical boot/reboot issues, suspecting my 9 year old Rosewill Xtreme PSU might be getting long-in-the-tooth.
Can't go wrong with anything from Evga or Seasonic these days.

went to snag the 550 g3 and found the 650 g3 for the same price so I'm grabbing that. Since im headed the m-itx route I figured the smaller PSU will do me right.

Thanks for the advice!

Last time I built a system was 2010, did minor upgrades between then and now but had been with my trusty and still working tx850w Corsair. It was always overkill. I've used the PSU calculator sites but how accurate are they?

The build I am looking to slap together consists of

i5 7600k
z270 mobo (undecided which, most likely asus)
480gb SSD
2x8gb GSkill Ram
RX 480 reference
El Gato HD60pro capture card

that's it really

How much wattage and what brand would you recommend?

went to snag the 550 g3 and found the 650 g3 for the same price so I'm grabbing that. Since im headed the m-itx route I figured the smaller PSU will do me right.

Thanks for the advice!
Your build shows two PCI-e cards and now you say you're going mini ITX which will only provide one slot. This is a no go so you will have to go micro ATX.

Between the first post and ordering my PSU I chose to go smaller. With that said - I've opted to get the HD60S. USB 3.0 - lagless operation like the pro. Had to see it to believe it, though .... I was impressed

Good eye, none the less.

Back