• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with MemTweakIt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madmeatballs

Hello,

So I decided I'd try to overclock my G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz. Found out about memtweakit to overclock the ram. But when I open memtweakit I only see the "about" tab. What is going on? I got this straight of ASUS' website for Maximus IX Hero. Should I just oc it through bios?

Yes that's what I do. Is it running at 3200MHz now? If not you just need to enable XMP and it should work. I have 3200 MHz ram and with XMP on or off I can oc it to 3333Mhz without changing anything setting it to that speed.

Well, I found out something was wrong with the version of memtweakit that I had. Yes, it is running at 3200MHz just wanted to see how far I can push it more. As I have never really tried oc-ing ram before. Maybe you have some tips on oc-ing ram? hehe

AFAIK MemTweakIt is not working with any Z170/270 boards. The latest version is showing timings etc but won't let you change anything. Simply if you want to OC memory then do it from BIOS. Even when you OC CPU then some changes are applying after system reboot.

You can check some of my threads about TridentZ 2x8GB kits. If you have something like 14-14-14/15-15-15 then it will run at about 3600 15-15-15/16-16-16 1.35V and 1.15-1.20V VCCSA+VCCIO. There is also a chance on 4000 at more relaxed timings like 17-17-17/18-18-18/19-19-19 1.35-1.40V. Then you will have to set 1.25-1.35 VCCSA/IO.

So then you have 16-16-16-36? I want some Trident Z Lol. Again yes the Bios is the best way to go for Overclocking anything. Except Gpu of course. I haven't played around with too much Memory Overclocking as I haven't had the time to really sit and do it. But like said above, adjust timings and voltage and keep trying. I have known of a few people now who have had trouble getting XMP to work and I told them take it down to one or two sticks (they were running 4 and 8) and try again in smaller arrays then sawp them out for one or two more and keep going. Once they got them all to boot that way they put them all in and tried again and it worked. So I'm going to suggest something like with Overclocking it as well. I can get mine to 3333 MHz without changing anything but I too am going to dive into it one of these days and see if I can get more out if.

Back