• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8300 or not

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmatties

so someone i work with just got a 8300 and MB off of let go. CPU works but MB is dead. he dosent really want to go spend the money on a MB so hes offered me the cpu. not sure if i want to take it.

my thing is will it clock like the 8350? are they good overclocking chips even with a 95w tdp? i have a 9370 right now and its as hot as hell in my office even with the window open. and in know the 8350 will heat up the room but not like this nuclear reactor in have currently.

It will clock close to the same as your 9xxx processor. At the same clocks and voltage as your current processor, it will still use the same power and produce the same heat. The 8 core FX's are all the same chip, just binned different. It would be a sideways move for you to take it if you're already content with what you have.

ok enough said. i might still take it just to have a back up in the case this one acts up again.

Back