• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kicking my butt now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you are going to buy the Sabertooth R3 open box for 169 then I would suggest the Crosshair V Formula Z for the same price ....... though either will do as well as the older Sabertooth R2

Im sure they will. I'm already stuck with 8370 so I'm just going to get the R3. Report back once it is here. It wouldn't let me post image took a picture everything that FedEx brought.

I received my RMA number returning MSI 970 today. I lost about 25 on that. I bought the Asus sabertooth R3, G skill riojas x series 1866 ram 2x4 gig sticks , Seagate 1tb hdd 7200 rpm , Asus DVD reader\ burner . Hope it all be here Saturday. Now all I need to buy is a graphic card.

The $88.00 I paid for it ruffly I can't compain. I'm sure there are better cases to be had. It has 7fans and built in fan controller. Back panel has a built in lip about 1 1\2" wide so I have room to run all cables on back side which is nice. I've been thinking about running 2 XFS Radeon RX480 or one single MSI gtx1070. I'm still up in the air on that.

Two 480s would only make sense with 8 GB cards, since VRAM doesn't double up in Xfire. At that cost a fast GTX 1070 would give you a single card solution. Some games don't scale all that well with two cards. I considered a second 480 when I got my first one and ended up just getting a good 1070. The only reason I would do that now is if I wanted/needed a decent gaming card and could only afford a 480, but could swing a second card later on, and if I only played games that I knew did well in Xfire. You'll need something for that mobo (good board, BTW), but it comes down to what you want vs. what you can afford. Two good 480s will cost you $450 to $500 new. For that money you can go from here https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487259 or here http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1070-EXOC-8GB_p_42.html to here http://galaxstore.net/Galax-Nvidia-Geforce-GTX-1070-HOF-8GB_p_89.html I became a big fan of Galax when I got my card. For $400 you'd be hard pressed to beat the EXOC from them, IMO, although the EVGA FTW has a nice power supply. All out, I love the Hall Of Fame. 12 phase power supply, great aesthetics (if you like white, LOL) and I get 2114 MHz boost clock in one click with their tuning software. Or just push the button on the I/O plate.

This is a really good time to buy a new GPU. The bang/buck ratio is heavily tilted in the buyer's favor right now. What resolution is your monitor and what games are you looking at playing?

I play battle field 1 , farming simulator 2017, hit man, metal gear solid 5 phantom pain, few other games on Xbox one I now wanna switch to computer.

building your own PC is fun and rewarding and
well people in your family will bother for for years to come...lol

but seriously have fun

14857015353921093556664.jpg I didn't get started on it till late. So I got it done last night installed Windows 10 .I might have to take ram out of slot on put it in 3 CPU heat sink slightly touching . Had to buy a cheap graphics card from best buy for 38 bucks . It don't have display port on motherboard. I'm gonna hook up internet today see what happens . Still have no real idea what I'm doing in oc . But hey baby steps. Thanks ur right about that I already had to work on a old AMD Dell Inspiron. Bad hard drive.

See still learning things lol! I had ram there at first but in BIOS it showing them as 3rd 4 the slot so that's why I switched them I had no idea

I am used to F too, outside of forums and PC talk. Otherwise its straight C, like the rest of the world. :p

Yeah but when referring to temps on the forum you refer to them in C, no?
that's what I just said...I thought. :rofl:

But yeah, forums and pc talk in general, I use Celsius like everyone else should, outsode of that talk I use F.

Last edited:
Back