• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some ideas please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I just picked up a mountain mods u2-ufo case, used.
it has 5, 5.25 bays in the front and no covers for the unused bays.
all I have so far is a single bay fan controller so that leaves 4 just open bays and that's not going to look so good.
I thought about an optical drive but, that's sooooooooo 2010, a multi card reader, that's so 2008 but, would give me front usb that this case lacks.
what's sticking out of the front of your case that looks so cool?

I'd look for a USB 3.0 hub for one bay and just get mesh bay covers for the others.

Buy the covers.

Or consider... card reader, bay reservoir, fan controller.. etc. You know, all things that go in those holes. :)

You can fit a ton of fans in there

As luck would have it I have a perfect match for the fan controller you already have :)

That is another one down :rofl:

You probably have some interesting machinery in your shop. You could always make up some covers, maybe cut out some lettering in them so the internal lighting shines through. How about, wait for it, "caddi daddi". :)

A good dual bay reservoir, front USB 3.0 is a must in my book, and I always keep an opti-drive in there. Sooooo 2010 I know but I still use it from time to time sooooo.

A good dual bay reservoir, front USB 3.0 is a must in my book, and I always keep an opti-drive in there. Sooooo 2010 I know but I still use it from time to time sooooo.
This is exactly what I have in mine. I also have LED lighting inside with 2 toggle switches in the bay.

Here's the only one I have until I get home, I switched things around from this picture. The reservoir is on the top right now with the optical drive below it. I have a dual usb 3.0 bay top left (not shown), the dual toggle switches middle left (not shown) and the fan controller bottom left.
mountain mods.jpg

Here's the only one I have until I get home, I switched things around from this picture. The reservoir is on the top right now with the optical drive below it. I have a dual usb 3.0 bay top left (not shown), the dual toggle switches middle left (not shown) and the fan controller bottom left.
View attachment 187453

Your epeen must be tiny. LMAO j/k those are awesome cases. More case than I could fill.

It is a really nice to build in, the guy I bought it owns a body shop and painted it corvette orange with a coat of clear on it. It will be even nicer when I put a Ryzen setup in it. :D

Your epeen must be tiny.
Very Blaylock :D

many, could you post a few pics of the innards please.
if you figured out mounting ssd's please get a pic of that.
I have the front worked out.
top slot, fan controller.
second and third slots, dual by pump/res combo, red leds.
fourth slot, single bay usb/ card reader, I'm trying to find one that includes the system speaker so if you know of one please speak up.
the cpu block will be a raystorm, with red leds.
why all the red when I'm color blind, my bee, for the first time has said this is a pretty case!!!!!!! and the falcons are going to the super bowl.

this case has some strange drive "bays" to begin with.
a pair of brackets attach to a fan and then you bolt the drives directly to these brackets..........

found where the ssd's mount, the mother board support bracket just happens to be 2.5 inches wide so i'll tear it all out.... again...... and drill each vertical leg of the bracket for one ssd and the horizontal part I will drill for 2 ssd's and they will be out of site.
it also looks like I can mount an hdd on the underside of the motherboard tray and have all the drives out of site.
it also looks like I might be able to add a washer to the screw studs I added to attach the motherboard tray to the support bracket, yes, the motherboard tray just sits on the support bracket, if I offset drill them I can mount 2 more on top of the support bracket and they will be covered by the motherboard tray.

Last edited:
I was thinking something for easy access. I keep all of my images on a drive and like to be able to pop it in and out easily.

Caddi I have my 2 spinners mounted to the HD bay that attaches to the fan (that you mentioned) and the SSD is mounted on the bottom of the case using Velcro. I'll post up some pics when I'm home and get a chance.

over diner the bee says that the all black 5.25 bays will be fine with her but, all the thumb screws sticking out everywhere have got to go and I have to agree with her on that.
and I'm very sorry to announce that this will not be a ryzen build, I'm going broadwell.........

Back