• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Need help] Intel burn test warning but my CPU temp is just 60*C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pentium E2200

Registered
I am using Pentium E2200.
This is my RAM
YkfLzqL.jpg
7rUxN59.jpg
HRurX00.jpg

I want to oc my CPU.
Well, i spend 1-2 days to read about OC from internet. This morning, i try set my CPU to 2.8 Ghz with 1,35V vcore.
And i boot to windows, test it by intelburntest, and this happened
UMC7WQu.png

As you can see, the maxium temp of cpu is juts 60*C, i don't understand why IBT can't run all the 10 test.
I can set CPU to 2,79 GHZ with vcore 1,35 V but not 2.8 GHZ :((, please help.
I thought the problem is that my vcore is still not enough, so i increase vcore to 1.4 V and CPU : 2,8GHz but IBT still shows that Warning.

Overclock is unstable, needs more voltage :)
I read from internet. With my CPU - a 65nm CPU. 1,4 V is high. Is that right ?
And in a forum, someone said that E2200 can go up to 3 Ghz with vcore default 1,35 V. Is that true ?
I thought if vcore is low, i will get BSOD or restart computer. But in this situation, i don't have any of them. IBT just show that WARNING window.

If you notice, your ram is rated for 400 mhz (800mhz ddr), and you haae it running over 500 mhz (1000 ddr). You need to lower you ram speed to its lowest multiplier. This should make it 1:1 ratio with your fsb and allow you to push higher.

That said, the motherboard matters quite a bit for how far you can get. Please list system specs so we know what you are working with in the first place. Additionally, please post a screenshot of the first cpuz screen.

Last edited:
If you notice, your ram is rated for 400 mhz (800mhz ddr), and you have it running over 500 mhz (1000 ddr). You need to lower you ram speed to its lowest multiplier. This should make it 1:1 ration with your fsb and allow you to lush higher.

That said, the motherboard matters quite a bit for how far you can get. Please list system specs so we know what you are working with in the first place. Additionally, please post a screenshot of the first cpuz screen.

I want to do it, but i can't.
I lost my internet connect, i don't know overclock my CPU and vcore are the reason or not. Just know that now i can't has internet from that computer after many restarts to OC ( another computer is still has internet connect)
My CPU is pentium E2200
Multiper (6-11)
Main : GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L
PSU: ACBEL ATX12v POWER 470

Why not? Is it because of the budget board and it doesn't have the options to change it?

Also, your PSU is junk. I don't think that is the problem currently, but, its junk and should be replaced sooner than later. In fact, its labeled as a 470W PSU and it only has 315W on the 12V rail... hopefully it can actually output that power... or it could actually be part of the issue.

I still think its hte cheap board with limited overclocking options... can you post pictures of the bios?

Why not? Is it because of the budget board and it doesn't have the options to change it?

Also, your PSU is junk. I don't think that is the problem currently, but, its junk and should be replaced sooner than later. In fact, its labeled as a 470W PSU and it only has 315W on the 12V rail... hopefully it can actually output that power... or it could actually be part of the issue.

I still think its hte cheap board with limited overclocking options... can you post pictures of the bios?
Oh, i said i can't because of that computer doesn't has internet connect anymore and i don't know why.
This is the bios look like :D this is not my BIOS, but they are the same.
1-7.jpg
In MIT
4-6.jpg

The internet has nothing to do with changing options in the BIOS. :)

See where it says System Memory Multiplier??? Try lowering that value down to the lowest option available and see if you can push on.

If you look at some guides, including ours I will link below, it shows what votlages to raise for FSB, etc. You will probably have to adjust the FSB overvoltage control I would imagine as that is Vtt which helps with FSB clocks.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316

The internet has nothing to do with changing options in the BIOS. :)

See where it says System Memory Multiplier??? Try lowering that value down to the lowest option available and see if you can push on.

If you look at some guides, including ours I will link below, it shows what votlages to raise for FSB, etc. You will probably have to adjust the FSB overvoltage control I would imagine as that is Vtt which helps with FSB clocks.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316
E2200 has System memory multiplier from 6-11.
I choose 11 with FSB about 255, vcore 1,35V and it doesn't work.
Is what you said that i should make system memory multiplier to 6 and increase FSB to more than 400 to have 2,8Ghz with vcore 1,35v ?

I am saying lower it to "the lowest option available"... whatever that may be. If that is your BIOS, it is showing 4... but there should be a 2 or 1 there I would imagine..?

Again with whatever setting you are using you have overclocked the memory will past its rating. In order to see if that is the problem, you need to remove the problem as best you can. This is done by lowering the memory multiplier.

Have a look through our guide...please. It should fill in some of the knowledge gaps and help you get moving and help us help you. :)

I am saying lower it to "the lowest option available"... whatever that may be. If that is your BIOS, it is showing 4... but there should be a 2 or 1 there I would imagine..?

Again with whatever setting you are using you have overclocked the memory will past its rating. In order to see if that is the problem, you need to remove the problem as best you can. This is done by lowering the memory multiplier.

Have a look through our guide...please. It should fill in some of the knowledge gaps and help you get moving and help us help you. :)
My English is not well and read all the guide will take long time. But i am reading now, hope will understand what you want to share us in there.

Set the FSB-to-RAM ratio to 1:1!
How can i do that ?

Change the System Memory Multiplier to 3.0 if you can. When you overclock the CPU with the front side bus like you are doing it makes the memory run faster as well. The tow are tied together. Your RAM is rated for DDR2 800 but with your FSB increases it is not running at DDR2 1018 (509x2 in the CPU-z "Memory" tab) and it will not be stable at that speed. If you can lower that memory multiplier to 3.0 it will reduce the memory frequency. Either that or invest in some DDR2 1066 if any can be found on ebay.

I beg to differ ED, I've lost my internet when pushing my Oc. Especially if it's unstable.

I think ED may have been saying that losing the internet should not have any effect on whether or not you can make changes to the settings in bios. It can still be done with or without internet.

I beg to differ ED, I've lost my internet when pushing my Oc. Especially if it's unstable.
Maybe I didn't say it properly.. or understood the OP properly...I thought he said he could not change the option because he doesn't have internet. Did I misunderstand him?
Oh, i said i can't because of that computer doesn't has internet connect anymore and i don't know why.

I've lost it too while overclocking, but, I don't think that's what's going on here? Regardless, I am only saying he can change any option in the bios without being connected to the internet.

I think ED may have been saying that losing the internet should not have any effect on whether or not you can make changes to the settings in bios. It can still be done with or without internet.
Yes. This. :)

Oh i say i can't is that i can't post the picture of cpu-z for you EarthDog :D.
I can change in BIOS now. But even i change CPU to 2.2 GHZ and vcore to 1,35V like default. I still can't go to internet. Do you think my main is broken because of increasing vcore to 1,4 V ?

Oh i say i can't is that i can't post the picture of cpu-z for you EarthDog :D.
I can change in BIOS now. But even i change CPU to 2.2 GHZ and vcore to 1,35V like default. I still can't go to internet. Do you think my main is broken because of increasing vcore to 1,4 V ?

Make sure that the PCI-E frequency is locked to 100 Mhz and try again...

"Main" what? Increasing the voltage should not break your LAN hardware. It possibly could make it temporarily inoperable but should not harm it. Are you sure the internet problem is not with your modem/router? Can you get on the internet with other devices such as smart phones in the same room?

Back