• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 6300 FSB+Multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demien88

Hi again I didn't want to post in my last tread since it became messy, too many pages questions etc.
I have read that said FSB+Multiplier is somewhere suggested somewhere not. I had no other choice but to use FSB+Multi to get 4.3
to run stable. Temperatures are fine for now I always check them out here and there even on maximum heat test its around 65c but never goes near that with
blend test. And yes I underclocked memory rather then gamble with "OC" on it.
Now I just want some thoughts about it is it bad for my mobo, cpu, memory? Because many say it is...
Tnx

Nope you should be fine with your setup, just as long as it's stable. :D

edit:

However you should get a larger PSU.

Changing the FSB frequency poses no risk in and of itself. Temps and voltages are all an overclocker needs to be concerned about. How much did you increase the FSB? If that change made your RAM unstable then giving the RAM a little more voltage, say moving it from 1.5 to 1.55 or 1.6 may cure that. I hate to see you sacrifice memory bandwidth to get .1 more ghz out of the CPU.

I wont be playing around ram I know smallest mistake can brake not only ram but and the rest of configuration, plus I don't see drops in performance anywhere only increase. I will push it further once I get two more fans and better cooler, Just wanted to know is it safe enough, tried with FSB alone 4ghz top lol, and with multi alone 4.2 so logical step is to try with both.
I will see about PSU later is it needed

Bumping the RAM voltage by .01 will not hurt it.

Most DDR3 is good up to 1.75v with just a bit of airflow. So no .01v over will not hurt.
Like trents said it's likely you can keep you ram speed up just bu=y adding a bit of voltage to them.

What do you guys think about vcore I guess never go to 1.5 am I right?Also how to reduce fluctuation in it with LLC? I only gained speed stability with it haven't noticed less activity in vcore.

well that depends. on a 6300 i my not. but on mine 9370 i'm at 1.512 currently. i just can't do any cpu heavy apps right now as i need to clean out my loop. its getting a little cloudy :chair:

but then again i'm waiting for my tubes and new rad.

I hear stories about degrading cpu etc. So its alright long as its below 1.5 in bios?

I think so as long as your temps permit. Lots of overclockers are running 1.5 vcore 24/7 and have no problems. CPU might only last 7 years instead of 10 but by then you will have moved onto something else twice over.

I just want to know its limits of vcore temperatures wont be the issue here once I solve cooler. I might hit the wall on 4.5 or 4.6 far as I tested cpu thats why I ask. I expect my pc to run at least 7-8 years before it starts to spaz out.
I got it to 4.4 but the problem is 71c under intel burn test so gona wait for more increase

I just noticed something odd happening... I was just browsing web not doing anything heavy when all of the sudden 4 cores decide to lock on 1.4 ghz only 2 of them left at 4.3..... wtf.
I have gone to bios loaded different profile working, reset again set to 4.3 working again (simple reset wont fix it).... I ran AIDA for one hour without large drops only for few mhz up or down, INtelBurn also passed ofc. Is this bug or?

EDIT: There is my test this is why I am confused about those core lockups it passes even on high.... if you guys notice anything strange please let me know
EDIT2: I just found out why I have hit wall with multi so early... Me being noob I left vcore on auto and the LLC on first Oc untill it started to fail... the worst mistake. I menaged now to 3.8 with 1.27 on vcore maybe even more can push on it. Now trying to find real "wall" with Medium LLC and reduced vcore. Every day you learn something new xD

dasdasa.PNG iluiliu.PNG jujuju.PNG uijugjghj.PNG

Last edited:
My best guess is that you still have C&Q, C1E C6 etc.. enabled in bios. What it was doing was downclocking the CPU because it was mostly idle while surfing. This is normal and how the new power saving features work.

Nope they were off I start to believe that "high voltages" caused such behavior. Without LCC it would do the same thing upon start (now when under volted) up untill I turn it on to Medium. I will check out now with less on vcore how it behaves. I will report here after I at least reach old 4.3

Yes everything is disabled. Well got OC now 4.3 on multiplier alone with less vcore. With I think more efective speed judging by IntelBurn. I will wait to see will those lockups happen again

jhgjgh.PNG

Last edited:
That's likely some throttling you are seeing when it drops to 1.4GHz, have you added any extra cooling to the VRM and back of the socket?

I have two fans one front itake, one rear exoust and thats it board itself have enough cooling I think. Now its only on multiplier unlike from before.
How it can be throttling if temperatures are fine... I dont get it

Last edited:
But that I know of we haven't seen any temps from the socket/VRM area of the motherboard. You seem to be taking it for granted that motherboard temps are okay.

Yes there are Temperature 1,2 and 3 rest of them are invalid probably because lack of sensors look at first pictures. I got it up to said 4.3 with multiplier alone now and haven't faced that lockup of speed during system operation.
I just noticed that when I load profile from bios it knows to happen, probably bios bug. I found way around it, load random profile reboot then load one I am actually using or simpler method change any setting that wont cause hard reset renter bios change back as it was. I have no clue what could be causing this it happens at random when switching profiles.

Back