• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newest DOS version available for larger WD drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hi guys,

I have Data lifeguard diagnostics 5.27 loaded on a USB drive for my 3TB WD drive but i get some messages saying some partitions not being read due to being too large. I ran the the extended test and it came back with no errors. But as a precaution, is there a a alternative WD software that's DOS based or something for scanning for WD errors before I sell it back out?

Any particular reason you are using DOS for this? Why not just run that same program in windows or show SMART data and speeds...?

Any particular reason you are using DOS for this? Why not just run that same program in windows or show SMART data and speeds...?

It's part of a Linux server RAID where the other drive from the RAID failed. I couldn't get Windows to read it due to it being in a different format so I ended up using the WD DOS program instead.

Does DOS have a built-in partition size limitation? Seems like it does if my memory serves me correctly.

Back