• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picked up new RX 480 OC 4gb for $155

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Boy is this thing faster than my RX7 360 OC! Heaven FPS went up from like 20 something (if memory serves me) to 109.6 on High Quality setting.

That's exciting to read. I've bought a 480 8gb from the classifieds. I can't wait to receive it! I'm running 3840x1024 resolution. The extra vRAM should be helpful to my setup.

The fans don't even turn until you put it under load and then they are still unusually quiet. Ran the Heaven benchmark and top GPU temp was 70c.

Last edited:
That's exciting to read. I've bought a 480 8gb from the classifieds. I can't wait to receive it! I'm running 3840x1024 resolution. The extra vRAM should be helpful to my setup.
ick. Scrap those 3 ancient Los res monitors and get a big one... 480 will struggle in some titles that res I'd imagine. It's a good 1080p card.. not much higher.

You lucky Americans. :)

This said, Europe sees them falling too, just not nearly so much.

ick. Scrap those 3 ancient Los res monitors and get a big one... 480 will struggle in some titles that res I'd imagine. It's a good 1080p card.. not much higher.

Between 8GB VRAM and a strong CPU the outlook might be a bit less bleak for fps till one got a proper 4K card, though? Just theorizing, no experience with anything larger than 1440p. Which I'm quite sure is already going to be taxing @ everything ultra on mainstream CPUs in newer games. Something like 6600K + 480 in 1440p @ ultra and MSAA 4 is not going to see 60 fps, probably not even close. But a stronger CPU and enough VRAM to process nice textures and high resolutions just might be able to squeeze out a couple of fps to make things tolerable by lifting that burden off of the GPU, perhaps also in somewhat higher resolutions on high instead of ultra, or something.

Last edited:

I'll PM you my shipping address so you can buy one for me.

Back