• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where do the Logitech g933s stand in the audio quality dept?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

i actually have one myself, and I do like them a lot, however, i have been dealing with a fairly new issue, one that i have been working around. Every time I use them in wireless mode, if they auto sleep, when you attempt to wake them up, they fail, and flash red. While flashing, it refuses all input, plugging in the micro usb cable in has no effect. To fix this, i have to remove the battery, Then plug the micro usb cable in, start. them up without a battery connected, THEN plug the battery in. This can be at any charge percentage for the battery. thank god the battery door is easily removable.

However, I am curious where this headset stands in terms to audio quality. I'm not looking to replace them, but would like to know what kind of speaker setup would be needed to out perform them. What kind of price tag am I looking at? 5.1, 7.1? would there be any benefit to adding an external sound card? my Mobo is the asrock z170 extreme 6.

I just don't want to have to always wear my noise canceling headset for the best audio experience. There are times that i miss my phone ringing because of them haha.

I have, but they didn't know how to fix it, I actually discovered the work around after talking to them. They suggested hitting the factory reset button on the headset, and to unplug the dongle, try a different usb port, unplug and replug the battery in, and nothing worked. It was then that i unplugged the battery, and said screw it, I'll try to make it only wired by removing battery, and it worked. I then just for the hell of it plugged the battery in, and discovered the workaround i use today.

I'll check that link out, thanks!

I have, but they didn't know how to fix it, I actually discovered the work around after talking to them. They suggested hitting the factory reset button on the headset, and to unplug the dongle, try a different usb port, unplug and replug the battery in, and nothing worked. It was then that i unplugged the battery, and said screw it, I'll try to make it only wired by removing battery, and it worked. I then just for the hell of it plugged the battery in, and discovered the workaround i use today.

I'll check that link out, thanks!

So, why aren't they replacing?

You should ask. It's a product issue and I'm sure they would replace it.

Sounds similar to the issue I mentioned in my g930 review where the headset had weird issues going to sleep. I linked the solution I found in that review. It was part of my gaming headset round up

Back