• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 10 forced AMD driver update: WUs crashing now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
What's the best AMD folding graphics driver?

The ones MS keeps shoving down our throats aren't FAH friendly. :mad:

I'm guessing by my daily production that my farm will have the same issue. :burn:

edit: While I still may have a driver issue, it looks like my internet went down again at home. Stupid Comcast. :mad:

Last edited:
i have not came across this issue yet. not sure if you keep yours driver updated through readon settings or not. but i update mine through the crimson software. that my help.

oh yeah im on the newest drivewr 17.1.1 and havent had a problem yet. also i'm seeing higher ppd with my 390X since moving to this driver. right around 455k up from about 270k.

I went to AMD and found the latest non beta basic driver package and installed it. FAH is working again. I think I'll have to keep up to date on drivers from the OEM or winten will shove their generic OEM version on me.

Well it looks like the newest OEM driver is wrecking WUs too :mad:

Looks like winten and I will soon part company. AMD too. Can't wait until I can get a new Linux capable nVidia folding card.

Well it looks like the newest OEM driver is wrecking WUs too :mad:

Looks like winten and I will soon part company. AMD too. Can't wait until I can get a new Linux capable nVidia folding card.

Been having lots of driver problems thanks to Win 10's forced update policies too. Their updates have also disrupted overnight calculation jobs. I only Win 7 or 8.1 on important systems or folding rigs now.

I'll be moving to Linux too for my next workstation and all new folding rigs, with a Win 7 VM to run Office, etc. Screw Microsoft and their stupid policies.

The Win10 monster thread says a new update allows turning off driver updates in Pro, Student, & Enterprise versions. Of course many of us are running Home version & we're out of luck.

Ah it's a bummer they only allow a 35 day delay for updates. I'd like some way to be able to manually install updates on my own timeline, but without having to kill the Windows Update services. Some updates are critical and I would like to be able to install them without having to turn a service on/off or download them directly from Microsoft's update catalog (both of which I've done before).

Last edited:
Back