• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOOKING FOR A PSU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I am looking for a new psu for a build.
This>>>> https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP5709228 <<<< meets my needs, maybe......
what I need,
high quality.
RED, lots of RED, I got a RED case and it's the first computer thingy my bee has said it's pretty, so RED.
fully modular.
native sli/crossfire.
native 8 pin and 4 pin cpu power connectors.
this will power a highly overclocked 6800k and two highly clocked 980TI's at times so I figure 650-850 watts, cooling and other draws do not matter as this will be a dual psu build.
is pc power and cooling quality stuff?
what in their line is the good stuff?
any others that will fill the bill, please speak up.
I would just get another EVGA 850 G2 but, no RED.

thanks for your input.

PCP&C was a beast of a company back in the day of the P4's and 939 days. Then OCZ got a hold of them in a merger and they went down hill with QC and poor workmanship. Alot of their units were failing because of bad caps. Unsure how well they are now as I haven't had one of their units in years.

Some of their older original units are still working til this day. I know a few members over @ [H] still are running them.

I do like my 2 evga 850 g2 psus VERY MUCH, so leds or a trip to the paint shop might be an idea.

as it sits now just imagine a grey square monolith with a smaller, black monolith in the upper right hand corner.
what's his name with the beard and no kids just shipped out the motherboard and cpu yesterday so I won't get those till the middle of next week so one of my ch5-f boards is playing model right now.
all of my rads are 4x120, 9x120 and 4x180 and this case is 3x120 and 2x120, so I have to round up some rads and riing fans so all those spaces are just big, gaping holes.

I have thought about just changing out the fan to a red led fan and that might be the tick..

Last edited:
I guess I don't need the primary psu to be red at all, when you install the motherboard tray it's covered up and can't be seen.
I can also drop the need of a third cpu power connector because I can just go larger on the secondary psu, I was just going to throw in the little 90watt in that spot but' I can just go to a larger psu for the cooling and peripheral power psu and run the 4 pin eps from that psu.
but it will have to have red as it mounts above the motherboard tray.

C/D if your Psu is mounted in the same spot as mine on the Mountain Mods case you will not even see the Red Leds. Just go get a EVGA or Seasonic and call it a day!

I do have a sweet b550, I think it is in my retired saberkiity/1090T rig.
I can't remember if it's fully or simi modular so I'll have to dig that rig out for a look.
Manny, I am running dual psu so the second will be right out in the open.

PCP&C was a beast of a company back in the day of the P4's and 939 days. Then OCZ got a hold of them in a merger and they went down hill with QC and poor workmanship. Alot of their units were failing because of bad caps. Unsure how well they are now as I haven't had one of their units in years.

Some of their older original units are still working til this day. I know a few members over @ [H] still are running them.

I still run 2 of them. 1 Turbo Cool 1200, and 1 Silencer Quad (in red btw).

I do have a sweet b550, I think it is in my retired saberkiity/1090T rig.
I can't remember if it's fully or simi modular so I'll have to dig that rig out for a look.
Manny, I am running dual psu so the second will be right out in the open.
Ahhh gotcha

Back