• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD 7970 mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I tried to get this one to fit, it even had a nice copper bottom.

9109.jpeg

The dang holes just would not line up though.:screwy:

Really though I do need to get a pot on that thing. I was able to get a few runs of Timespy in but running the 4690k with it did not give any fantastic results. Was able to pass Timespy with a core clock of 1340 mhz though so it is showing some potential.

Gonna try setting up and running the 6700k tonight. I have about 30lbs of DICE left so hopefully will get a few nice results.

Seriously if you could mount that pot on it, that would be hysterical! 30 lbs should last you quite some time so yeah have at it. The 6700k shouldn't eat through too much DICE unlike when I've run the Fx 8350 on it. When ever I was benching the Fx on DICE I pictured in my head the guy that shovels the coal in the old steam locomotives. :D

Hey Hotrod sorry for the delayed response. I have been having some family medical issues and have been away for awhile.

I was able to get this going for a good run on the 6700k and had some nice results for it being on water. I have been watching the classifieds over at Hwbot for a pot for this thing but have not found one yet. If nothing else Funsoul is going to let me use his at the get together next month.

As for the g-power if you are willing to party with it shot me a pm and we can discuss.

Back