• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router with excellent logging abilities - Non third party firmware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

I have two older routers and quite frankly I want to upgrade to something than can suit my needs without having to install 3rd party firmware. Ive been using two different ones to separate traffic and make use of there limited logging abilities. Its time to cut the cord and get the job done without all the hassle.

My main goal is to enhance parental controls.

Is there any router that can provide logging of each computer on the network and give a list of which websites that have been visited ?

Everything else needed can already be done with the older routers.

Id prefer one that can be viewed when you log into the router and not have to download the log itself.

Any ideas ?

And hello to OcForums !! Been a while since Ive been back !!

Hey XB. I know that my Ubiquiti has some traffic logging abilities so you can look into seeing what all they can do. Otherwise I assume building a pfsense box may also be able to accomplish it as well.

Third-party firmware is free. You can find used Cisco hardware on eBay for cheap, but you'll just be stuck with different limitations and 60mm screamer fans. Nobody likes those :)

Back