• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 grey flickering when changing image with NB OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danielbrik

My mobo (970a-ud3p) has a default NB of 2000Mhz,when I make that 2200mhz windows will flicker grey when I move my mouse. Anyone have ideas what specifically is causing it and maybe how to prevent it? I tried upping the NB voltage a little.
Thanks

The motherboard obviously doesn't like the attempt at overclocking the NB. It's a sign of instability. Leave it stock, you will never see the difference any way because the bandwidth is plenty even if it where 1800mhz. Your gains with NB OC is very minimal.

I also suggest further testing the CPU OC for stability while your running that NB at stock frequencies. From what I read, it sounds like this system is on edge before the NB overclocking.

My mobo (970a-ud3p) has a default NB of 2000Mhz,when I make that 2200mhz windows will flicker grey when I move my mouse. Anyone have ideas what specifically is causing it and maybe how to prevent it? I tried upping the NB voltage a little.
Thanks

Try to increase the CPUNB voltage...

You're right, IBT only gives me 3 results on standard before it gives an incorrect result. I will have to reduce the OC. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Try to increase the CPUNB voltage...

I'm sorry I forgot to mention, I was actually OCing the CPU NB, the only thing I can change about the NB is the voltage, not the frequency.

Back