• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Z97 Mark S won't boot on dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madmeatballs

Hello, so I can't get the z97 Mark S to work on dual channel. It doesn't post just restarts on a cycle(LEDs and Fans work for 3-5 secs then it restarts). However, I've tried switching dimm slots all slots work if I only use one stick(tried both sticks). Could this be a motherboard or processor problem? I just swapped processors from i5 to i7. I've already tried clearing CMOS.

Solution:

Just had to reseat the CPU. :D

Last edited:
Hello, so I can't get the z97 Mark S to work on dual channel. It doesn't post just restarts on a cycle(LEDs and Fans work for 3-5 secs then it restarts). However, I've tried switching dimm slots all slots work if I only use one stick(tried both sticks). Could this be a motherboard or processor problem? I just swapped processors from i5 to i7. I've already tried clearing CMOS.

So, are you saying it worked on the i5 and not the i7?

Two things to check for: Bent pins or thermal paste on the pins could cause this problem. (Currently my Z97x is having a similar problem... but I suspect it's moreso because it's beat to hell.) Also a bent or mis-shapen processor could have this problem. So I would compare it to your i5 and see if the processor is perfectly flat or not.

If the latter is the case you might want to exchange the processor. (I would do this anyway just to eliminate that as a suspect while you still can.)

Then I would check that none of the pins on the MB are bent.

I'm using the i7, I suspect bent pins tho, will probably check it later. But could bent pins cause such a problem? Anyway what do you mean by beat to hell? Overclocked to hell? lol

Last edited:
Back