• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having Some Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigtyme07

First off, I'm not entirely sure if the issues are being caused by W10 or if it's something to do with my components, but whenever I start my PC it automatically boots into the BIOS which I found strange, it started doing this after I did a fresh install of windows, also the log-in screen (the screen where you input your pin) lags quite a bit when I get there I don't know if this is standard but it doesn't seem to do it on my laptop. Just wondering if you guys could shed some light. Thanks!

How old is the PC?

That occurs if the Bios battery (the one that looks like watch battery on the motherboard) is dead: the bios doesn't keep the settings, and acts like at first ever boot.

Not old at all maybe 5 months, it's an ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula motherboard and it only started doing that immediately after doing a fresh install of windows 10. Could it be a driver problem?

could be uefi settings looking for legacy partitions or uefi partitions and not seeing what it is attempting to boot to

could be uefi settings looking for legacy partitions or uefi partitions and not seeing what it is attempting to boot to

Is there any screenshots that I could post that could help figure it out?

click on the "boot" tab at the top of the bios/uefi page.
scroll down to "CSM" and click on that
you need to look and see if "launch CSM" is enabled or not- if it isnt not- you may need to enable it. but document all your settings before making changes
see what option is selected in the "boot device control"- you should be able to select "uefi and or legacy"
find another tab "Boot from storage devices" and see what it is set to- could be "uefi first or legacy only"
another tab would be "boot from pcie device" with the same options

at this point you will need to hit "esc" to back up one page and scroll down to "boot options"
if you see anything labeled "windows boot manager" you will more than likely have to set the "boot device control" to uefi first
if you dont see "windows boot manager" you will more than likely have to set that to legacy only

Make sure the boot order is correct in bios.

Also, did you delete the old partitions when you did the fresh install of Windows 10? You should do this.

Is it fully booting into the bios or just showing the splash screen and going into windows?

Back