• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8x CPU coolers 1366/2011/2011-3 + newer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dariusz1989

Registered
Hey

I'm trying to cool down my server and putting 140mm fans above each cpu seems to not be doing as good of a job as I wanted to. Can some1 suggest a good cpu cooler that is cheap ? Looking at as cheap as I can get as I will need 8 of them. Ideally I'd like to keep the coler for future nodes so I guess 140W TDP would be a good start ?

Can any1 suggest anything?

Hard to know what to suggest when we don't know a budget.
Also, on 2011, are you looking for square or narrow ILM?

Noctua is very good about future compatibility in that they will typically give out mounting kits for new sockets.

Hey
Thanks for info, will look in to that Cooler Master. Its tricky i must say. But fingers cross I can find something good heh

What about 1 big water loop, can any1 suggest what to look for if I want to put 8 cpus on 1 water loop ?

Hey
Thanks for info, will look in to that Cooler Master. Its tricky i must say. But fingers cross I can find something good heh

What about 1 big water loop, can any1 suggest what to look for if I want to put 8 cpus on 1 water loop ?

They make it with or without the lights. The lighted one is on sale now and you could just cut the wire if you don't want the bling.

Hey
The Coolermaster 212 evo. How quiet/well do you think it can cool down cpu? Its a 120mm fan. Do you think it can handle 140W non OC cpu ? Also I think I'll go with 212X one.

The fans are noisy at full speed. Since my server board likes to run fans only at full speed, I picked up those Noctua adapter cables to slow/quiet them down. All nice and quiet now, temps range from the mid 30C range at idle to 70C at max 100% load. My CPUs are "only" 115W TDP though.

Hey

Right bad news haha. My holes on Dell board are off. They are too thin for screw on the cooler. I need to either buy a longer screw and do the screwing myself or get some kind of converter and convert from thin screw, to thick screw, and use coller stock screws. I'd rather use converter as the other method will alter the cooler.

Do you know of any screw converters?

Attached images as I have no idea what size they are.

I know that my current holes are the size of cooler screws but not the parent screw that go to motherboard.

Is this the correct converter?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TARION-Fem...d=1485959037&sr=1-8&keywords=3/8"+to+1/4&th=1

You don't need a converter from what you've said. Since the cooler bracket screws match both the holes in the Dell motherboard and the holes in the Cooler Master spacer both would be the same spec. Ask Cooler Master for the specs on the mounting bracket screw and you can measure the height of the spacer.

The same temp. Around 50-53C in hot, 57 in super tests - rare.

Only difference is more solid mount.

Back