• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temporary graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oakyy

Registered
I currently don't have a graphics card as my old one broke an old 2gb GeForce gtx

So I'm looking for a cheap temporary graphics card under $70 while I save up for an evga GeForce gtx 1070

I was looking at something like a gigabyte GeForce 710 for the time being

Is it worth it, or should I just wait

I5 4460k I think

- - - Updated - - -

It was a pretty big downgrade going from my old GPU to the onboard graphics

Last edited:
You can get a GTX 570 for around 40 bucks. Maybe even with 4GB. Has a wider BUS and should be faster than a 710.

You can get a GTX 570 for around 40 bucks. Maybe even with 4GB. Has a wider BUS and should be faster than a 710.

The Gtx570 should be around Gt740 performance.

If its temporary i would suggest the iGP, If you want something stronger just buy a decent GPU so you wont regret it if your main GPU dies, I would suggest something from the 5xx and 6xx series for nvidia and HD7xxx series for AMD.

760ti
Rx460
660ti
670gtx
770gtx
280x
7950/70

Any of those should be in your price used .

I've got a GTX 770 2g card here that I'm going to be selling soon. If you are still looking, and I'm still looking for a buyer in a month or so, maybe we could work something out. I'm using it right now, and it runs every game i throw at it really well, but lacks the ability to really have any chance at the latest and greatest in gpu shredding games due to its small vram.

BUUT, I still vote to use the IGP if it is temporary.

Most games are locked at my refresh rate, while some newer titles struggle with max-medium settings(depending on the game).

last time i was in your position i went to a local hole in the wall computer parts place and asked for the cheapest pcie card available. he gave me a used nvidia something or other for $20 and it worked fine. got my screen to turn on so i could internet and check on my warranty for my real card. that's what i would do.

Temporary graphics

Всем привет Есть конфиг:
Мать: GIGABYTE GA-EP31-DS3L
РџСЂРѕС†: Core 2 Duo E7200
ОЗУ: Corsair XMS2 cm2x2048-6400c5 4ГБ 2x2 планки
Видеокарта: ADM Radeon HD 6670
БП: Vento ATX-450D

Система работает более менее стабильно, при входе в Биос выдает вот такое вот сообщение Warning: Graphics card is not guaranteed to operate normally., что это значит?

Back