• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill RipjawX 4x8GB 2133Mhzs reading 24GB in 32GB system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

As the title says I've got 32GB in this system and in certain applications only reading 24GB and I was assuming a bad slot of ram but even bios is reading the full amount.

Possible on my rebuild I selected a wrong XMP profile or something dumb like that.

90% of apps read the correct amount and the only reason I'm asking is warranty purposes

I would test each stick of RAM in each slot individually with Memtest86+ just to be sure. Run it for a couple of passes on each stick. You can get problems like this when you deploy large amounts of RAM like this sometimes on some motherboards. 32 gb is kind of pushing the envelope and when you do that it becomes more likely that compatibility issues will rear their head. Is the RAM on the approved list for the motherboard when deploying that much? Normally, most any RAM will work in most any board but like I say, when you start to push the envelope . . .

What are the apps that don't report the full 32 gb? Of course, this issue could be a problem with the individual apps and their own limitations. GSKill RAM is perhaps the most compatible brand across various platforms.

Is this the motherboard in your sig?

Last edited:
Back