• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Create a 3x3 Video Wall using two AMD Radeon RX-480

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LexiePax

My organization made a designated collaboration space and we want to have a video wall where we can collaborate and share/cast different devices to it (using another collaboration software). We also want to keep the set-up as simple as possible because they want to mount the TV onto a portable video wall mount (with casters), so I thought about directly plugging in the TVs through the HDMI port from the PC's graphics card. I was researching for different graphics card and found the AMD Radeon RX-480 can support up to 6 displays. It has 3 output ports, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI. The TV's/monitors will not display complex graphics that require super fast processing speeds. We just want all 9 TV's to act as one monitor (they will be tiled to show one big giant monitor controlled y one PC). So, here is the set-up I was thinking about, but I'm not sure if this is possible:

Set-up 1:
1. Install two AMD Radeon RX-480 graphics card into the PC
2. Use a 4-port HDMI MST hub/splitter and connect the 4 TVs to it and the other end into one of the output ports of the first RX-480
3. Use another 4-port HDMI MST hub/splitter and connect 4 more TV's to the second RX-480
4. Plug the last TV into one of the HDMI ports in either RX-480

Set-up 2: (If a 3x3 setup is not possible, we'll use a 3x2 (or 6 displays)
1. Install one AMD Radeon RX-480 graphics card
2. Use a 4-port HDMI MST hub/splitter and connect the 4TV's to it and the other end into one of the output ports of the graphics card
3. Plug the other 2 TV's into the other available ports of the graphics card

I am not sure if the two graphic cards will be able to display the same content or not, so we're keeping the 3x2 option as well. I tried other options (using an HDMI-to-IP converters) by connecting all of them to the network switch. However, since they want a more portable option, hard wiring each TV to the switch will make it very difficult. By the way, the TV's are just 55" 1080p basic LED TV's.

Any help/input will be very appreciated.

Back