• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the Titan Z still relevant given present day GPU's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

Although known for it's performance and power draw would you still purchase a used Titan Z at a GTX 1080 price given the other more recent GPU additions?

$650 for a Z seems like almost too good a thing to be true

I know the guy personally but I know little about the Z other than what I've read

I would personally go with the 1080. The hassle of dealing with the sli configuration of the titan z plus the extra power draw is not worth the hassle when you can get the same or better performance from a 1080.

I would personally go with the 1080. The hassle of dealing with the sli configuration of the titan z plus the extra power draw is not worth the hassle when you can get the same or better performance from a 1080.

I was thinking the same as I'm planning for my upcoming build but I'm wondering if I want to pull the trigger on the 1080 OC editions's I've been eyeballing when more than likely NVidia is going to drop the 1080ti's probably when Vega decides to surface.

I was considering it for my wife's pc although I think a Z is going to bottleneck to no end on that 8350 she's running.

I wouldn't get a Z. I'd just get a 1080 at that price point.

Back