• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With New PSU Purchase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mistahtokyo

Registered
It's been a few years since I last posted here, but the itch has gotten too strong to ignore and I'm building another PC from scratch. I have a general idea of what I want in it, but it's been a while since I read up on things and I'm having some concerns with the PSU choices. Should I aim for 80 Plus Platinum (or Titanium?)? Are there any such PSUs in the 600-750w range that are exceptionally good quality as well as being fully modular (semi modular is okay, though fully is preferred)? I'm not worried about the price since the PSU is something I don't want to skimp out on. My current build's Corsair RM750 was less than ideal. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Edit: I glossed over the stickied guides, but I noticed they haven't been updated in quite a while. Is the information (specifically product recommendations) still accurate?

The EVGA SuperNova line is a big favorite currently. I've used a couple in builds in the last few months with no issues. Silverstone's units in that range are generally regarded as a safe buy, as well. The reviews (like johnny guru) and the warranty sold me a 550 G2 from EVGA.

Looking at the EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2. The review on Tom's Hardware had some good information on it, looks very good in the 750w category. I'll wait to see if anyone else has any suggestions, but this one looks to be it, thanks!

The eVGA G2 series are difficult to beat at their price point

Seasonic is typically very solid as well

Not sure I would shell out for a P2, but nothing wrong with it , just a bit cheaper to operate

Back