• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hard or dangerous is rebuilding a PSU? Scrap the AX1200i or rebuild?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So what you're telling me is once Corsair rebuilds a unit it totally voids out the 10 year manufacturer's warranty against defects?

I didn't get that far along in the "fine print"

I always...perhaps incorrectly assumed that manufacturer's warranties for PSU's started from the original date of manufacture so if a unit was made in say July 2008 and had a 10 year warranty that it would expire July 2018.

Yes, that is why they stated the 1 year warranty.

It is essentially like buying a factory second. Buyer beware.

If a price seems too good to be true..... it probably is.

Still sucks though. Hardware problems are always a PITA.

As Alaric said earlier, are you not still under that one year warranty? You said that you bought it in 2016.

Last edited:
So what you're telling me is once Corsair rebuilds a unit it totally voids out the 10 year manufacturer's warranty against defects?

I always...perhaps incorrectly assumed that manufacturer's warranties for PSU's started from the original date of manufacture so if a unit was made in say July 2008 and had a 10 year warranty that it would expire July 2018.

Thank you. Now we understand Corsair's reluctance on their 10-year warranty enforcement and why the unfounded criticism of an otherwise fine company was posted: User error.

That is how it's always been as far as I can recall. A refurbished unit very typically has a much shorter warranty. In this case, a year.

That is how it's always been as far as I can recall. A refurbished unit very typically has a much shorter warranty. In this case, a year.

Yeah I'm getting that but what's really aggravating me is they won't even offer me a paid repair.

If they ain't gonna replace it at least give me a repair option because I would GLADLY pay them to fix this thing if for nothing more than to resell it .

Right now it's nothing more than an expensive painful paperweight

Dell refurbished monitors are a good example of their 90-day warranty. I've been lucky on one of them that's still functioning nicely after 5 years. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Yeah I'm getting that but what's really aggravating me is they won't even offer me a paid repair.

If they ain't gonna replace it at least give me a repair option because I would GLADLY pay them to fix this thing if for nothing more than to resell it .

Right now it's nothing more than an expensive painful paperweight

Do you not have the one year warranty from the retailer still? You said you bought it in 2016.

Its like talking to my kid.. There are like 3 stories I have to decipher to get what they are really talking about..... :(

Back