• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win10 Compatible with Adobe PS CS3 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I've read across the internet and see reports of Adobe Photoshop 3 CS being compatible with Win10 (no specifics from posters on how this worked)

Has anyone tried this? I know it works with Win7, that's official from Adobe.

im not sure, i know i use cs2 with win10 because its now free :)

How did you obtain it - link?

Does Adobe not require an activation license code?

Linkage please.
I got Adobe Acrobat 8 from Adobe a log time ago like that for free which could be made to work under Win8/10 with an extra file.

If anyone has actually downloaded free Photoshop, could they please post where on the downloads page, did they scroll all the way down to 'Photoshop CS2' as it is posted in instructions?

Linkage please.
I got Adobe Acrobat 8 from Adobe a log time ago like that for free which could be made to work under Win8/10 with an extra file.

I would like to know how you get it to work with Win10?! I still have my discs!

I'll need specific steps as I know almost nothing about Win10- haven't had the time to learn it and customize it, like I used to do with XP and Win7.

Last edited:
Sure. Here are specific steps for Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0.0

Right click on Setup.exe > Properties > Compatibility TAB >
CHECK: Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Double click on Setup.exe to install the program.

[Select Custom Installation]

Do not install Create Adobe PDF > Acrobat PDFMaker under Windows Vista/7/8/10 because it installs Add-ons which may disable the program after initial use.

When prompted, navigate to this AdobePDF.dll file:

View attachment AdobePDF.zip

UNCHECK: Launch Adobe Acrobat Professional, UPDATE to v8.3.1 then REBOOT then set Compatibility mode for [...]Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe before starting the program:

Right click on Acrobat.exe > Properties > Compatibility TAB >
CHECK: Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Start the program > Download e-license.

Edit > Preferences... > Internet > UNCHECK everything
Edit > Preferences... > Trust Manager > UNCHECK: Allow opening of non-PDF file attachments with external applications [otherwise the system is open to security risks.]
Edit > Preferences... > Updater > Do not automatically download and install updates.

EXTRA INFO:

Adobe Acrobat > Advanced menu > Reduction > Show Reduction Toolbar

Open one .pdf file > Redaction properties > Redacted Area Fill Color: White so that parts of documents can be whited out.

Adobe PDF printing preferences:
Advanced TAB > Printing Defaults... button [or Adobe PDF Settings TAB] >
UNCHECK: Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts

[Otherwise some web pages will not be printable, with Error: invalid font.]

Disable Adobe Updater:
Run
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe
or
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\Adobe_Updater.exe
to disable it in its Preferences.

or open AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat in Notepad and add <AutoCheck>0</AutoCheck> to it.
Location of AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat may be
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat
or
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat

To disable right-click context menu items, delete the following folders in the system registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Adobe.Acrobat.ContextMenu

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Adobe.Acrobat.ContextMenu

Then search for and delete this registry entry:
{D25B2CAB-8A9A-4517-A9B2-CB5F68A5A802}

Registry locations where it may be:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D25B2CAB-8A9A-4517-A9B2-CB5F68A5A802}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D25B2CAB-8A9A-4517-A9B2-CB5F68A5A802}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{D25B2CAB-8A9A-4517-A9B2-CB5F68A5A802}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved

Right click on Start Button > Control Panel > [View by: Category] > View Devices and Printers >

Right click on Adobe PDF > PRINTER properties [not Properties] > Advanced TAB > [middle of page] SELECT: Print directly to the printer > OK

Adobe icons and menus are inserted into Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel menus for older version of MS Office. You can move icons but Adobe Acrobat Menus inside MS Office applications cannot be moved. To be able to move or remove them:

If you accidentally installed Acrobat PDFMaker, uninstall it:
Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Right click on Adobe Acrobat > Change > Next > Modify > Next > Click on + next to Create Adobe PDF > Acrobat PDFMaker > This feature will not be available > Next > Finish.

Editing pdf files.txt file is included.

Update to v8.3.1 is the last version 8 update.

Apply updates in this sequence:

In case of error:

No valid Acrobat serial number found. Acrobat will now quit.

Reimage the system back to earlier state.

If anyone has actually downloaded free Photoshop, could they please post where on the downloads page, did they scroll all the way down to 'Photoshop CS2' as it is posted in instructions?

yes, that is precisely what i did.

Good for you man.
Can you log in and see if you can replicate the process and if so how, I can't seem to find the free download, that's the question.

You need an Adobe ID, am I mistaken about this?? I followed the instructions and the CS2 page shows for a microsecond then one is shown an Adobe ID log-in page.

yes you do need to login

Back