• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New member, first time overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R_Pierce

Hello all, this is my first REAL system build geared towards gaming. I just started in the overclocking venture here this past week, and so far Im fairly happy with it, although I feel it can likely go further.

Here is my system:

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero MoBo (flashed with non-k OC bios)
Intel i5 - 6500
Cryorig R1 Ultimate cooler
32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX C14 3200mhz DDR4
Asus Strix GTX1070

And below is what I currently have it clocked at:
BLCK is at 142 with a 32 multiplier for a clock of 4544mhz
CPU voltage at 1.35
Package temps have never been over 60*c while benchmarking even with 3Dmark
RAM around 3000 mhz (have not messed with RAM OC yet, just found something that was stable)
RAM voltage at 1.35

(I have not touched the cache or fclk)

Graphics card is overclocked to the following:

+225mhz on the core clock for a total OC of 2126mhz
+1100mhz on the RAM for a total of 9102mhz
100% core voltage
112% power limit
92*c temp limit (have not seen over 50*c during gaming, and 60*c in 3dMark test)

Anyways, not sure how this compares, or if its even a decent OC but Im having a blast playing around and learning!

Cant wait to hopefully be a contributing member of the community!

:welcome:

Looks good to me. You'll find that every system is different even if you have two units with the exact same hardware. It's a mix of science and art to get the most out of any given system. It is indeed fun to see how much "free" computing power you can get from a machine.

Back