• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lag With Samsung 950 Pro M.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cjb4

Registered
Just completed a build with a Asus x99 Gaming Mobo, i7 8650, GeForce 1080, with Trident 3200Mhz memory. Everything's up and running first time boot, but there seems to be a lag in loading programs, Mail, Excel, etc and accessing Dropbox. I replaced the Windows driver with a Samsung Pro driver and am getting good speeds testing with Samsung Magician. My old rig with a i7-2700K and a Samsung 840 SSD loads things much faster. Any thought on what might be going on.
thanks,

any chance that windows is still updating?

No Windows is up to date and temp is in high 20s low 30s

Have you checked the processes and the performance tabs in Task Manager to see if there is unusually CPU or disk activity going on in the background?

By the way cjb4, you posted this in the general section of the forum as well. Double posting is frowned upon.

Yes, sorry wasn't sure this was the correct forum as it appears it may be other issues causing the lag.

Was this a fresh windows install or taken from the old rig?

Running the samsung NVMe drivers?

I have to run 2.0 as 2.1 causes application lockups on my laptop...

Yes a fresh install of windows and samsung drivers

Back