• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dabzor

Hi guys,

Long time reader first time posting. here it is.
got it to 4.5Ghz so far. my build is:

CPU: AMD FX6300
Cooler: Corsair H75
MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P
Ram: Corsair Value Ram1600hz 8x2gb
PSU: EVGA 750GQ
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 X8 Gaming
OC P95.png

Any suggestions i was wondering why my clock speed drops every once in a while.

Most likely your board is throttling the CPU. Do you have an option in BIOS called APM if so disable it and test again.

still going stable after and hour. Better readings, but clock speeds still fluctuate. about 300hz less, then before.
OC P95 [2].png

Tat does seem more normal though. Have you disabled C&Q C1E and C6 also set windows power plan to performance

ran solid for the whole 2 hours, mostly just fluctuates about 100hz but once or twice around 270hz. and yah i do have it on performance.
IMG_20170207_113822991_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170207_113803206_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170207_113737932_HDR.jpg

SOunds pretty good to me. You can also enable HPC. A slight deviance is pretty normal but that 3.8 was definitely throttling.

Back again. upped it to 4.5 as everything was good and temps were good. enabled HPC and now i notice my Vcore fluctuates by +/- .024v every so often is this normal? also clock speeds fluctuated about 390hz when i did this. wondering if its my LLC maybe

Last edited:
You're talking about the core performance boost option? No I have it disabled.

Just taking a quick look at that board's specs, it is 4+1. It does have a heatsink on the VRMs. Have you tried putting a fan blowing on the heatsink next to the socket?

Had same issue was going up and down for 300-400 mhz LLC solved that little issue for me I set it to medium. Keep in mind that 100mhz is alright but more than that not rly

Yeah I have mine on medium as well. Started at normal, but wouldn't pass 2 hours on p95. Also when I set it to medium, with HPC mode on, it was more stable. But still fluctuates around 200hz. I also noticed that after a 2 hour pass. One worker is consistently over a full pass behind the rest. One is always ahead. With the rest 1-2 minutes behind. And 1 that's about 8-10 minutes behind. I'm not sure if this matters.

Last edited:
Try with LLC on High. Why on earth you lowered ram so much? Get it to 1333 its mess in there you don't use that much of ram to oc anyway its fine long as it stays under 1600 the default speed at least for me. Try with this instead CPU NorthBridge Freq: set to default of 2000. Ht Link: 2400 also default value. And for love of god that RAM xD put it to 1333 mhz

Last edited:
An FX CPU should be able to handle 1866 RAM so 1600 should be a piece of cake and not strain the IMC at all. Your are sacrificing significant performance by running your RAM at half its rated speed. And why did you increase the Bclk from 200 to 211? Probably not a good idea to mess with the BCLK with and FX CPU. Just use the CPU clock ration to overclock the cores.

ok so i turned down the CBLK and upped the ratio and it passed P95 but with some odd results.
oc 4.4.png
Back to the large fluctuations 336hz drops.

whoa yeah I had it turned down. Don't know wtf happened there. I'll try again with the ram up and see what happens. good catch I thought it was the split channel or something, but I checked CPUID, and each stick was actually running at 400hz. Thanks

Last edited:
When you say CPUID do you mean the product called CPU-z authored by the CPUID? CPUID offers more than one product, including HWMonitor and CPU-z.

CPU-z will show the DDR bus speed not the actual speed of the RAM. So in CPU-z, 1600 mhz RAM will show in the Memory tab as having a frequency of 800 mhz. Just multiply it by 2 in order to get the actual speed the RAM is running at.

yeah I meant CPU-z. Rams all good now and everything is running smoothly. Don't know wtf happened there I didn't touch the ram ratios, only upped the v by .1, but I'm still getting the Hz drop by 336. that's after turning the BCLK back down and the HT link back to 2400Hz

Last edited:
yeah I meant CPU-z. Rams all good now and everything is running smoothly. Don't know wtf happened there I didn't touch the ram ratios, only upped the v by .1, but I'm still getting the Hz drop by 336. that's after turning the BCLK back down and the HT link back to 2400Hz
Honestly, in my non-professional opinion, it seems like your board is limiting your OC. You may be drawing more power than the boards VRMs can supply, hence the throttling. That's what I'm guessing based off the board listed.

You know what reset all of it with F7 and save then try it with voltage and multi alone. HT link and all other options should be on auto by default ram speed should be 1600 because your ram is 1600 not lower. Have you gave someone else to OC for you because it seems like it....

Back